Kitija Laksa says goodbye to USF...but.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kitija Laksa says goodbye to USF...but....

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I suppose this merits a thread but for the life of me I can't imagine why anyone thinks UConn would be interested in her at this point - or any other point. She's slow as christmas, was slow the first time we saw her and might have lost a step as years went by. She requires an offense more or less dedicated to setting screen after screen for her and if she's ever played a lick of defense I'm going to need video proof with a signed affidavit from Janet Reno assuring me it wasn't altered.
I suggest you take a look at the highlights from the USF vs tOSU game at the end of Laksa’s junior year when she goes off for 41 pts in an upset win over a Buckeye team loaded with McD AA’s. Not only does Laksa hit 8 x 3pt bombs, many from way beyond the arc, but when defenders overplay her by attempting to close out on her quickly, she puts the ball on the floor and drives into the paint hitting an array of running, one handers that only a great shooter could make.

I have no way of knowing what Laksa’s plans are, but if she ends up in Storrs, she would be a tremendous addition to UConn’s 1-4 motion offense.

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Laksa and USF have played everything close to the vest. When Laksa went down, there was no press release as to the extent of her injury. Laksa did not reappear on the USF court until Senior Night. There was no word of the extent of Jordeo's leg injury at all even though she missed the remainder of the season. When Ferriera went down, there was no hint of what happened and it eventually dribbled out she was done for the year. Ferriera's condition was revealed just before Senior Night. Jose was mute the entire time.

So to think we are going to have any idea of were Laksa is going is humorous. If she plays with another college team next season, the deal will be done before any announcement. As to whether Laksa is coming to CT, who knows. She's a decent player, not a great player. Sorry Oldude - she had one big game against Ohio State and did not duplicate it. BTW - Ohio State couldn't defend a chair that game we were there. Would she help UConn for a season? Maybe. I don't think we need her.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Sorry Oldude - she had one big game against Ohio State and did not duplicate it.
You’re kidding right? 41 pts is a career night against anyone. Laksa also had 26 vs UConn in the AAC championship game that year and averaged 21 ppg for the season, tops in the conference. With Laksa, USF made the NCAA tournament 3 years running. Without her this past year they don’t.

Reaction Score
I would think we should here what she is going to do soon. Summer session starts very soon, but IF she is enrolling somewhere it would be for a graduate degree, so maybe we won't hear anything at all until end of summer? Maybe she won't play anywhere, just heal for the next year and then go to WNBA.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I'm not promoting Laksa. I like watching her play but I also see that she needs a lot of shots to get her points and that isn't happening at UConn. But after watching her for 3 years Geno should know all about her and I'm not going to sweat it.
I think he does know all about her and I don't think you will see her at UConn. I've posted this before, but my impression of Laksa is spoiled brat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom