Kitija Laksa Has Her Say About Tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kitija Laksa Has Her Say About Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry. but I don't sense the "swagger"that would lead this to be posted on the bulletin board. She respects UConn, says they are not unbeatable (I think Geno would agree) and says she'd like to help her team beat them. Nothing wrong with that.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Knowing Geno and the program I doubt there is any kind of celebration planned if they win. Maybe a few extra slaps on the back but nothing like if another program did it.

Reaction Score
I don't see it happening but just like the Dayton or DePaul game would much rather drop one to a scrappy group of overachievers who play so far over their heads for one night that they all got nosebleeds than say, a Maryland or Baylor who wouldn't appreciate the win nearly as much. Nothing to dislike about Jose or his team, most of whom have come a long, long way for the chance to play.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don't see it happening but just like the Dayton or DePaul game would much rather drop one to a scrappy group of overachievers who play so far over their heads for one night that they all got nosebleeds than say, a Maryland or Baylor who wouldn't appreciate the win nearly as much. Nothing to dislike about Jose or his team, most of whom have come a long, long way for the chance to play.
I agree with you on preferring to lose to a group of overachievers, but primarily because if and when the Huskies face MD or Baylor again in the tournament, I want them to have that little bit of doubt that they just can't beat UConn.

As for appreciating a win over UConn, if any team ever beats the Huskies again, and I am not for a moment suggesting that it will happen, whomever that team is that takes down the Huskies will celebrate like they won a national championship, even if the victory occurs in November.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
While I'm sure fans will go nuts if UConn wins tonight (and wish I could be there, but....), I'm also sure that the team won't celebrate too much. Geno will allow them to appreciate it, but not bask in it...even if they win #91. The big prize is still out there in April.
Man, this team doesn't celebrate anything too much. They show some emotion during the game, but as Geno says and as I've noted, after the game their keel doesn't even move with the wave.

Reaction Score
I feel bad for her, but after what she said, you know it was going to be ugly. I didn't think it would be "that" ugly.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

And it just went to 31+. Wonder what the money knows that we don't. :rolleyes:

link won't hold (must be some type of restriction - am I violating a Boneyard rule/regulation?)

90% of the time, the money knows things the betting public doesn't. Look at the over/under line, it was 140.5. the final total was 139. They were only 1.5 points off. You can't get much closer than that. They had UConn at +31. They obviously knew something, and UConn easily covered. It takes some HUGE stones to make a bet against a team that has only one loss, and give them 31 points.

I remember during this past summer, when we (the Boneyard collective) were pondering what kind of team this would be. How long would it be before they established their own identity. Who the team leaders would be. How many losses the team would suffer. Which team was going to hand them their first loss. As I remember, Baylor was the consensus choice on that one. How far into the tournament they could go. Who the 5th starter would be. Some said Butler, some said Chong, while others suggested Crystal. I distinctly remember one poster insisting Gabby would not start. I'm still shaking my head on that one.

All of these questions have been answered. Now, we have new questions, like how far can this team take this win streak? Will any of our girls be selected as All Americans this year? With only 14 games left on the schedule, and the Huskies rolling downhill like an avalanche, UConn Nation has got to seriously begin to think: can this team run the table the rest of the way?

Since it's inception, UConn has always been the elephant in the room in the AAC. Last night's blowout win over USF left no doubt they're still holding serve. With the utter dismantling of the league's only other ranked team, how confident can the other programs in the conference be when it's their turn at the plate to face the Huskies? :eek: Bad news ALWAYS travels fast. Be assured that every other team in the league is aware of the dynamics of last night's game.
Jose Fernandez was upset and his team was visibly shaken after the game, their confidence completely destroyed, having their lunch money taken. I can't for a moment imagine that any of these teams are looking forward to playing UConn. This is not a good time to play the Huskies. All you can hope to do is keep their margin of victory respectable. :confused:

If things continue along these same lines, I can't imagine that South Carolina is going to come to town on February 13, with a whole lot of confidence and enthusiasm expecting a win, knowing that all of the other top 7 ranked opponents UConn played, failed to get a win. Especially if UConn is rolling downhill, riding a 99 game winning streak (which they will be doing if they are still undefeated when they face USC).

A win against the Gamecocks would extend their win streak to a mind boggling 100 consecutive games, a nice round number. Talk about a record that will never be broken. You can put that one on the same shelf, right next to Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak in 1941 (a record that has stood for 75 years), and Nolan Ryan's 7 career no-hitters. We're watching history ladies and gentlemen. Don't blink, you might miss something. :cool:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
90% of the time, the money knows things the betting public doesn't. Look at the over/under line, it was 140.5. the final total was 139. They were only 1.5 points off. You can't get much closer than that. They had UConn at +31. They obviously knew something, and UConn easily covered. It takes some HUGE stones to make a bet against a team that has only one loss, and give them 31 points.

I remember during this past summer, when we (the Boneyard collective) were pondering what kind of team this would be. How long would it be before they established their own identity. Who the team leaders would be. How many losses the team would suffer. Which team was going to hand them their first loss. As I remember, Baylor was the consensus choice on that one. How far into the tournament they could go. Who the 5th starter would be. Some said Butler, some said Chong, while others suggested Crystal. I distinctly remember one poster insisting Gabby would not start. I'm still shaking my head on that one.

All of these questions have been answered. Now, we have new questions, like how far can this team take this win streak? Will any of our girls be selected as All Americans this year? With only 14 games left on the schedule, and the Huskies rolling downhill like an avalanche, UConn Nation has got to seriously begin to think: can this team run the table the rest of the way?

Since it's inception, UConn has always been the elephant in the room in the AAC. Last night's blowout win over USF left no doubt they're still holding serve. With the utter dismantling of the league's only other ranked team, how confident can the other programs in the conference be when it's their turn at the plate to face the Huskies? :eek: Bad news ALWAYS travels fast. Be assured that every other team in the league is aware of the dynamics of last night's game.
Jose Fernandez was upset and his team was visibly shaken after the game, their confidence completely destroyed, having their lunch money taken. I can't for a moment imagine that any of these teams are looking forward to playing UConn. This is not a good time to play the Huskies. All you can hope to do is keep their margin of victory respectable. :confused:

If things continue along these same lines, I can't imagine that South Carolina is going to come to town on February 13, with a whole lot of confidence and enthusiasm expecting a win, knowing that all of the other top 7 ranked opponents UConn played, failed to get a win. Especially if UConn is rolling downhill, riding a 99 game winning streak (which they will be doing if they are still undefeated when they face USC).

A win against the Gamecocks would extend their win streak to a mind boggling 100 consecutive games, a nice round number. Talk about a record that will never be broken. You can put that one on the same shelf, right next to Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak in 1941 (a record that has stood for 75 years), and Nolan Ryan's 7 career no-hitters. We're watching history ladies and gentlemen. Don't blink, you might miss something. :cool:
I'm not a bookie, but the 140 over/under and 31 point spread don't seem to be particularly noteworthy. However, as you indicate, taking the Huskies and giving 31 points takes some "HUGE stones."

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm not a bookie, but the 140 over/under and 31 point spread don't seem to be particularly noteworthy. However, as you indicate, taking the Huskies and giving 31 points takes some "HUGE stones."

To the average fan, you're correct. I used the over/under spread to illustrate my point as to how close they come most of the time. To a serious professional bettor, it's extremely noteworthy.

Reaction Score

Well said, @Carnac. You have a knack for saying the right thing(s) at the right time. :D I can see clearly now the rain is gone...It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day. :cool:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Nicely said prescient one.

Reaction Score
Though we should expect her to say what?
I say this every time a coach of an opposing team or a player says they'll beat Uconn--even handily: If they don't have enough respect for themselves--to think they could beat Uconn or any team they play--they should quit the team.
If the cards fall just right--any team can beat any team (within their league or division)--it has happened, the improbable!

Reaction Score
Well said, @Carnac. You have a knack for saying the right thing(s) at the right time. :D I can see clearly now the rain is gone...It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day. :cool:

You should be a lyricist---with a few more words --that could make an uplifting song!! Of course you'll have to toss the first sentence--it just doesn't fit --with the : I can see clearly now the rain has gone--it's gonna be a bright bright sunshiny day! I can see clearly now:
if we could get some guys with instruments, and a girl who could sing lead--we could be Mickey and Judy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom