Kirk Bohls on Latest From Big 12 & Perception of UConn (audio) | The Boneyard

Kirk Bohls on Latest From Big 12 & Perception of UConn (audio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Accept for his absolute lack of knowledge about our facilities and seeming shock when confronted with the fact that we had more NFL players currently than all but 2 of the Big 12 teams..................that interview basically gave me an superjohn.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Except for his absolute lack of knowledge about our facilities and seeming shock when confronted with the fact that we had more NFL players currently than all but 2 of the Big 12 teams...that interview basically gave me an superjohn.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He didn't seemed shocked by our NFL players - he just discarded it as a factor.

General takeaway is that he doesn't think we're anything in football, but that our brand and location will likely help.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
He didn't seemed shocked by our NFL players - he just discarded it as a factor.

General takeaway is that he doesn't think we're anything in football, but that our brand and location will likely help.

He seemed shocked to me. It sounded like he discarded it as a factor since it sounded too improbable for him to grasp it and have a reasonable response on such short notice. Just my take.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
amazing..... even people that think uconn is a viable option for B12 expansion truly have no idea about Uconn football. randy Edsall never would have left if they were a great program..... absolutely amazing

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Big 12 should definite looked at UConn....
Basketball, NCs, woman's team is the NY Yankees of Basketball
Ease WVU's travel
Proximity to ESPN, coaches could stop by when playing at Connecticut. (I hadn't thought about this.)
Football hasn't been great at UConn
- Might have to overlook it's quality
- 3rd in the Big 12 with most players in NFL
- UConn invisible, don't move the needle
- Randy Edsall wouldn't have left it was good
- Doesn't know facilities, (Dooley perhaps you should help him out with that?)
- Hasn't looked at attendance yet

Two big fish UConn and BYU (no question about BYU)

UConn is a rising brand

Reaction Score
I don't think Bohls knows what he's talking about. He clearly said that he had no problem with UConn's ads in Texas, and he said UConn had to do it to act like it belongs with the "big boys".

But we've also had Chief00, a former line level manager of transportation and logistics for sparsely populated areas, stating it was classless and violated some kind of man code for athletes.

I'd like to believe a Texas based reporter like Bohls, but it's awfully tough to go against a former transportation and logistics manager.

Reaction Score
I don't think Bohls knows what he's talking about. He clearly said that he had no problem with UConn's ads in Texas, and he said UConn had to do it to act like it belongs with the "big boys".

But we've also had Chief00, a former line level manager of transportation and logistics for sparsely populated areas, stating it was classless and violated some kind of man code for athletes.

I'd like to believe a Texas based reporter like Bohls, but it's awfully tough to go against a former transportation and logistics manager.

This is some March Madness level trolling. Way to rise to the occasion, @mavblues.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Classic Mav, lol.

Reaction Score
Good morning. I come in peace to say: don’t be too put off by Kirk Bohl’s opinions.

He’s been around a long time, but he is pretty much viewed around Austin as a lazy, irrelevant pot stirrer. (Charlie Strong calls him “Curt”).

I imagine UConn’s tremendous value is obvious to anybody who takes the time to have more than a cursory interest in things. Unfortunately Curt doesn’t.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Well that's new info to me... Texas' new chancellor is the guy who engineered the raid that killed OBL.

I imagine with that hire their intel is going to be exceptional going forward. Like OU's offices are already bugged, lol.

Reaction Score
Kirk might not think we are much in football right now, but he will change his mind once we beat Texas or OU. It will happen sooner or later. It was not too long ago when Uconn beat Baylor twice with RG 3 as their QB. RG 3 has far kinder words about UConn FB than anything out of Texas so far. Perception is reality and FB perception just isn't good right now thanks to coach P.

Reaction Score
FIFY: Big Twelve Busts ;)

sexy-texas-superfans-15_0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members