Kinda OT: Recruting of Andre Drummond | The Boneyard

Kinda OT: Recruting of Andre Drummond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So back when drummond changed classes and committed, I was just a freshman and didnt follow recruiting that well. So for me, I was shocked when he committed early during my first semester. I was just wondering if you guys that followed recruiting back then saw this coming, or if this was a surprise to all.

Kinda a random question but it is something that I was thinking about today.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
There was a lull where none of us got our cars washed in the month before he committed. Needless to say, everyone was completely blindsided.

Reaction Score
It was definitely unexpected. About a month prior, I believe it was announced that he would be prepping a year and then deciding from there whether to go to college or declare for the draft. At that point, a lot of people figured he would never go to college, and then out of the blue he announced not only that he would be attending UConn, but also that he'd be enrolling for the current semester. That got the talks of repeat going and you know the rest.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It wasn't a surprise in that prep school made absolutely no sense for him - he was fully-qualified and clearly going to be heading for the lottery sooner rather than later.

But given that he waited until the last Friday before classes began on a Monday, yes, it was pretty surprising.

But I wasn't kidding - Chief did insist that the kid would be enrolling at UConn for the fall semester that year.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It wasn't a surprise in that prep school made absolutely no sense for him - he was fully-qualified and clearly going to be heading for the lottery sooner rather than later.

But given that he waited until the last Friday before classes began on a Monday, yes, it was pretty surprising.

But I wasn't kidding - Chief did insist that the kid would be enrolling at UConn for the fall semester that year.

Yes, he did. Have to give Chief that one.

C

Chief00

I wish he had stayed longer at UConn but can't argue with what he has accomplished in the League.
I always feel bad when someone who really enjoys his college experience - has to leave early because financial logic dictates so. With other guys it's just the minor leagues to the NBA and nothing more.
Rudy is another guy who really enjoyed college and wanted to change his mind but it was too late. Again probably a good financial move but it wasn't what was in his heart.

C

Chief00

I will gladly take the hit for Andre's social plans changing this winter vs being right about him going to UConn. Perhaps this summer I can arrange a get together with all the naysayers in their parent's basement and guess who?

Reaction Score
I will gladly take the hit for Andre's social plans changing this winter vs being right about him going to UConn. Perhaps this summer I can arrange a get together with all the naysayers in their parent's basement and guess who?
Chap?

Reaction Score
So back when drummond changed classes and committed, I was just a freshman and didnt follow recruiting that well. So for me, I was shocked when he committed early during my first semester. I was just wondering if you guys that followed recruiting back then saw this coming, or if this was a surprise to all.

Kinda a random question but it is something that I was thinking about today.
It was pretty evident whenever jc showed up at a game andre would go out of his way to say hello to him ...........he acknowledged other coaches atttending thomas more games including ko who attendied every possible game for two years including aau and usa .........the surprise came with the wlbraham monson-dunn transfer stuff and the supposed full ride there for his sister which would have been a downgrade...when dunn balked it was expected that wm was out of the picture and the high school graduate would want to go to state u because the post grad year was being poo pooed as redundant by a lot of people some of whom evidently reached him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom