Kind of OT: Maryland highlights from exhibition | The Boneyard

Kind of OT: Maryland highlights from exhibition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm trying to watch. The Terps video player is worse than HuskyVision

Reaction Score
I'm scared of what stone might do to Brimah
Can't be worse than playing that dook kid last year. He's seen some good bigs since his freshman year and is now a year older.

I selfishly want him to stay one more year and that early game matchup will be telling.

Reaction Score
Can't be worse than playing that dook kid last year. He's seen some good bigs since his freshman year and is now a year older.

I selfishly want him to stay one more year and that early game matchup will be telling.
I guarantee you he is not leaving.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

He'll hopefully be playing multiple games against great competition in Atlantis

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm scared of what stone might do to Brimah
Between him, enoch, and nolan that's 15 fouls. I think brimah will recover if he gets beat and challenge his shot. But I think enoch with his size and weight can control stone if he stays out of foul trouble

Reaction Score
Wow Stone refined his body looks great. Good for him, looks quicker and leaner for sure. Of course the whole team looks great on highlight films.

DOOOOOMMMMEEEDDDD

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Between him, enoch, and nolan that's 15 fouls. I think brimah will recover if he gets beat and challenge his shot. But I think enoch with his size and weight can control stone if he stays out of foul trouble
The fact that we're already concerned with how many fouls we can throw at stone says it all. And Brimah won't have a choice to come back next year, he'd have to be one of the best centers in the country to leave as a junior, if he's not he'll probably just stay(like boatright did) cause it won't effect his draft status.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The fact that we're already concerned with how many fouls we can throw at stone says it all. And Brimah won't have a choice to come back next year, he'd have to be one of the best centers in the country to leave as a junior, if he's not he'll probably just stay(like boatright did) cause it won't effect his draft status.
I'm just saying this due to stones size and weight. I'm not saying he's more skilled or better than brimah. I only say this bc that huge kid from ucf pushed are guys around a bit

Reaction Score
I'm just saying this due to stones size and weight. I'm not saying he's more skilled or better than brimah. I only say this bc that huge kid from ucf pushed are guys around a bit

He is more skilled than Brimah on the offensive end already but that does not mean he will have his way. As stated above we hope AB's experience over the last 2 years pays into his improvement vs the talented bigs he will see.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He is more skilled than Brimah on the offensive end already but that does not mean he will have his way. As stated above we hope AB's experience over the last 2 years pays into his improvement vs the talented bigs he will see.
Agreed

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think our guards will be a terror on the defensive end, especially adams. I already like how we have been picking them up full court

Reaction Score
I think our guards will be a terror on the defensive end, especially adams. I already like how we have been picking them up full court

Yeah flew through the game last night and agree on Jalen, he's going to be a good one on defense eventually, great make up speed when he gets beat on a dribble, gets back on his guy really fast. Gibbs is solid too as is Rodney. This team will be a good defensive team when they really get to know each other, at the very least solid as hell.

Reaction Score
Dion Wiley Sidelined
Maryland announced Saturday that sophomore guard Wiley will undergo knee surgery and will miss an undetermined amount of time. Wiley tore his meniscus, so he won't be back anytime soon. He could miss the season.

What it means: This was biggest blow of he day. Wiley might not have the name recognition of Maryland's other starters, but he was very much in the hunt for a starting spot. And while he wouldn't have been one of the team's top scorers, he brought size, toughness and a sweet stroke to the Terps' backcourt. Without Wiley, Maryland's depth is suddenly tenuous -- any other losses at guard would be panic-worthy -- and Jared Nickens takes on an increased role.

Nickens, who looked like he would split somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 minutes per game with Wiley, will spend more time on the court. And now, there's little room for error in the Rasheed Sulaimon experiment. Speaking of which, Turgeon's decision to add Sulaimon looks golden now; without him on the roster, losing Wiley would have left the Terps in terrible shape at shooting guard. Even with him, though, it's a blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom