Kind of OT - Kemba V Dion Waiters | The Boneyard

Kind of OT - Kemba V Dion Waiters

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Character-wise there is no comparison. Kemba outstanding role-model and citizen. Waiters: refusing to show respect for the National Anthem because the USA is killing muslims...the only place that we are killing Muslims is the fight against ISIS in Iraq and Syria and our rules of engagement are so very strict that the person targeted has to actually be observed doing something bad...interpretation: Dion Waiters supports ISIS terrorists.

Reaction Score
huskyharry said:
Character-wise there is no comparison. Kemba outstanding role-model and citizen. Waiters: refusing to show respect for the National Anthem because the USA is killing muslims...the only place that we are killing Muslims is the fight against ISIS in Iraq and Syria and our rules of engagement are so very strict that the person targeted has to actually be observed doing something bad...interpretation: Dion Waiters supports ISIS terrorists.

This made me laugh out loud. Peak boneyard is an SB Nation article prompting a post about rules of engagement vis-a-via killing Muslims.

Reaction Score
It's just not fair to associate a Cuse alum with defense as far as I'm concerned. I mean they are taught not to play defense in college so why would you expect anything more from them?;)

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
This made me laugh out loud. Peak boneyard is an SB Nation article prompting a post about rules of engagement vis-a-via killing Muslims.

I wonder if "peak boneyard" has peaked yet as an expression? Has it jumped the shark? When was peak "jumped the shark"?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I don't know if your phone auto-corrected or if you are using medicare as an adjective- either way I'm stealing it.

I suppose this is what happens when you post to the Boneyard from the phone you use for work in Healthcare

Reaction Score
This might be the first year that Kemba has some adequate shot makers to pass to, which should help his numbers. Kemba has been expected to do a lot in their system and has to create most of his own shots. The fact that the Hornets haven't been able to space the floor out with any shooters hasn't helped Kemba out at all - the lanes are clogged for him and he has to jack up a lot of late second shots at the shot clock. Hopefully Jeremy Lamb and Nic Batum will help him out a lot in this regard. I'm also under the assumption that this is a big reason the Hornets wanted to draft Frank Kaminsky - he's 7 feet and can stretch the floor.

Dion Waiters has a totally different role on his team, anyways. He's not expected to be the lead point guard. He wasn't on Cleveland and he wasn't in OKC. In fact, he had a ton of other talented players around him to open up shots for him. His shooting numbers should be better than Kemba's based off of this, but they're not.

Kemba is absolutely a better player, and is certainly respected here in Charlotte. I think he's a much better dude than Waiters, he plays hard every time on the court, and it really seems like his teammates respect him and often look to him at the end of games. I realize the point of the article is to say that having a good personality, good body language, being a good dude etc. can be a huge difference - which is fine. It's just that the idea that you can even compare Waiters and Kemba in the first place is kind of moot.

Reaction Score
. . . the only place that we are killing Muslims is the fight against ISIS in Iraq and Syria and our rules of engagement are so very strict . . . Dion Waiters supports ISIS terrorists.
I'm not sure at what level of imbibing Kool-Aide becomes toxic, but you've gotta be dancing all over the line that separates hallucination from death, Captain America.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Tone down your Muslim-hate. We don't win in 1999 or 2014 without Muslims (El-Amin and Brimah).

Reaction Score
That article is ludicrous. Walker is a career 17.2 PER player; Waiters is 12.8. Stats can absolutely tell the difference between those two guys, even if the author can't. Also, he shot 42.3% from the field in 2012-13. He's only played for four seasons; how hard is it to actually look at all of the numbers?

Reaction Score
They literally have to fire at us first or we're fried.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Tone down your Muslim-hate. We don't win in 1999 or 2014 without Muslims (El-Amin and Brimah).

Okay, is this making a joke or sincere? Where is there any "hate" in what Harry wrote? He makes a conclusion that may be true or may reflect something else like a simplified view of the situation.

Reaction Score
waiters was probably the most harmful player in the entire league last year. hes a special kind of terrible

Reaction Score
I stopped reading after I got to this quote "Walker is a below-average starting NBA point guard, and he might be a below-average NBA player period."

Last season
17.3 PPG
5.1 APG
3.5 RPG
1.44 SPG
3.2 A/TO Ratio

Those aren't ridiculous numbers but those are well above average... I always question how some people have jobs

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
No hate here...I have several good friends who are followers of Islam. I do hate ISIS and their supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom