Kimani at the game for Abdou Toure | The Boneyard

Kimani at the game for Abdou Toure

Reaction Score
Not sure why recruiting threads keep getting locked so I'll start another one. Kimani at the game yesterday for Abdou Toure, it's clear UConn is going to make him a priority.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Feel like NDWH should have beaten Hand by a little more than 20…. Lots of love for the seaside oasis but not exactly a basketball powerhouse.

Reaction Score
Feel like NDWH should have beaten Hand by a little more than 20…. Lots of love for the seaside oasis but not exactly a basketball powerhouse.

Trying to judge any game--let alone a high school game--like that is never a good idea. 20, 30, 40 points... It's all a blowout win.

Reaction Score
Don't let talent discrepancy confuse you. Hand coach is just a much better coach. Not even close.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Graduated from Hand. While historically they are the not filled with talent, it's a sports centric high school and every sport (boys and girls) are typically coached well and at the very least competitive.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Can anyone read the text on Kimani's phone? :)
“We’re gonna need a bigger bag”.

IMG_7586.jpeg

Reaction Score
The guy has 11 posts in 13 years. He probably knows the coach at Hand or the NDWH or something.
Not sure what the number of posts I have had would have to do with me having an opinion or whether my opinion is correct or not. I was just trying to explain how a game with such a talent disparity could be so close. I actually do know the Hand coach. Ask around this part of the state and I'm sure you will get the same opinion as mine from a lot of people. You seem a little sensitive to criticism of the ND coach. Maybe you know him???

Reaction Score
Not sure what the number of posts I have had would have to do with me having an opinion or whether my opinion is correct or not. I was just trying to explain how a game with such a talent disparity could be so close. I actually do know the Hand coach. Ask around this part of the state and I'm sure you will get the same opinion as mine from a lot of people. You seem a little sensitive to criticism of the ND coach. Maybe you know him???
The game wasn't so close, they were blown out.

Reaction Score

I coached in the CCC, not down south. I don't know either of the coaches. It's certainly possible the Hand coach is better--I don't have an opinion on it.

But one time my team lost to Bristol Central by less than 20 during Clingan's junior year. I wept with joy, lol.

Coaching is a tough gig though. Basketball season is LONG. I'm happy not to be doing it anymore. Working from 7:00am-9:00pm always took a lot out of me.

Reaction Score
I coached in the CCC, not down south. I don't know either of the coaches. It's certainly possible the Hand coach is better--I don't have an opinion on it.

But one time my team lost to Bristol Central by less than 20 during Clingan's junior year. I wept with joy, lol.

Coaching is a tough gig though. Basketball season is LONG. I'm happy not to be doing it anymore. Working from 7:00am-9:00pm always took a lot out of me.
Haha. Couldn't agree with you more.

Reaction Score
I was just wondering if this is a situation where the kid needs to get out if he has a bad coach. Seems like one of the best CT prospects in years and dont want him wasting away in a bad program

Reaction Score
I was just wondering if this is a situation where the kid needs to get out if he has a bad coach. Seems like one of the best CT prospects in years and dont want him wasting away in a bad program

It would probably be best for his career to get out and to a prep with better competition regardless. They're not a bad program at all historically, but what kind of skills he can develop playing against 6'3 kids with a -4" vertical is a big question.

But to be fair, I said the same thing about Clingan and that worked out alright for him.

Reaction Score
The school has been producing D1 kids. And some of those kids stayed there and went on to college and had good careers, like Tremont Waters. It hasn't hurt them.

Reaction Score
What would remotely make you think that he’s playing for a bad coach?
In fact, the coach of Notre Dame has been quite successful, and would generally be viewed as a very good coach by those who know Connecticut high school basketball
It’s baffling to me that you would post something like this

Reaction Score
The school has been producing D1 kids. And some of those kids stayed there and went on to college and had good careers, like Tremont Waters. It hasn't hurt them.

Tremont Waters played 3/4 years at South Kent. Came back to New Haven because he had already committed and wanted to show out for the hometown school. Almost positive that's how it went down

Reaction Score
I get he's just a sophomore, but anyone else surprised that Rutgers, Yale and Sacred Heart are the only schools that have offered Abdou Toure?

Reaction Score
It would probably be best for his career to get out and to a prep with better competition regardless. They're not a bad program at all historically, but what kind of skills he can develop playing against 6'3 kids with a -4" vertical is a big question.

But to be fair, I said the same thing about Clingan and that worked out alright for him.
What AAU program is Abdou playing for?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom