Kimani and Luke Returning | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kimani and Luke Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any halfway-competent AD with a coaching vacancy should put both of those guys near the top of their list. I know they said they’re staying (and I hope they do), but 750k to 1m to run your own program is tough to turn down.
Young makes that already at UConn. Murray might starting next year if my guess is right.

Reaction Score
Let’s hold off and see and enjoy the hell out this. Luke and KimanI just won the national championship what do you think they’re gonna say, if Clingan and Castle are asked about their pro prospects they will probably give similar answers.

Reaction Score
This is 2 more years of Kimani and Luke than we deserved. They both have earned head coaching jobs. Certainly not complaining though, this is great for UConn
I’m telling you one is the heir apparent but both may take 4x champion Tom Moore and 11x champion Daley’s approach. Be the best asst/assc head coaches in the country.

Reaction Score
He also will inherit a ton from bill

I'd imagine that money is less of a concern for Luke than most because of this. He can wait for the absolute perfect job to make his move.

Reaction Score
Probably posted somewhere, but too much to sift through and I think deserves its own thread. Apologies if I missed this earlier.
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
A statement like that isn’t definitive, the way it might be for an athlete giving a yes or no answer about declaring, where you know what your two options are. A head coaching opportunity could come along in the next few months that was totally unexpected, and he (or they) can - and should - reevaluate options then.

Reaction Score
I'd imagine that money is less of a concern for Luke than most because of this. He can wait for the absolute perfect job to make his move.
He has the luxury of waiting 10 years give or take until DH retires and possibly take over the UConn job. Just a thought.

Reaction Score
Young makes that already at UConn. Murray might starting next year if my guess is right.

Was reading a WSJ article yesterday about how Luke designed our offense. Aside from being a good article, attached below, the author mentioned that Luke was making 558k per year.

Reaction Score
Although I would hate it initially, I hope they both move on to HC jobs at some point so they can cut their teeth into being a head coach. Then, once Hurley retires, and assuming they do well, we bring one of them back as HC.

Reaction Score
The perfect job may end up being UConn

Reaction Score
I said many months ago that it's quite possible they don't even want to be head coaches right now. Kimani makes $900k per year. That's a mid major head coach salary with 0% of the downside. He has complete job security, is on the right side of the transfer portal, and keeps racking up championships. Why would anybody want to leave a position like that? The low major / mid major head coach lifestyle is not all that attractive anymore with NIL and the portal. It's impossible to retain talent at that level.

Reaction Score
I said many months ago that it's quite possible they don't even want to be head coaches right now. Kimani makes $900k per year. That's a mid major head coach salary with 0% of the downside. He has complete job security, is on the right side of the transfer portal, and keeps racking up championships. Why would anybody want to leave a position like that? The low major / mid major head coach lifestyle is not all that attractive anymore with NIL and the portal. It's impossible to retain talent at that level.

I'd like to see both of them--especially Kimani--get that lower-tier high-major job first. Really accomplished AHCs can make that jump.

Reaction Score
He also will inherit a ton from bill
It's pretty shocking how little money many, many Hollywood actors make. You'd be surprised. They make a ton in appearance money, that's their bread & butter. But I'm not sure people are calling for Murray to give talks etc.

In my work, we regularly bring in creatives in the film, acting, writing world.

Some famous people make $50k-$100k for a 4 month movie. Some well known writers who have best selling books make only $50k on what took them 2 or 3 year to write. One of these writers works as a guidance counselor and had a student walk in and ask if she's related to ... [names the famous writer] ... herself!?! It was her. He couldn't imagine that person working as a counselor.

While Directors and Cinematographers live hand to mouth.

I know someone that wrote, produced, directed her own Hulu series. It had the highest ratings on the service. She moonlighted as 911-Dispatcher.

But if you ask an actor / writer to make a one day appearance at an event, their agents want $20k.

Reaction Score
Tommy Lloyd spent 20 seasons as an assistant at Gonzaga and stepped into his first head coaching gig at Arizona. Murray's not even 40. Entirely possible that he enjoys where he's at and recognizes that he might not need to do a stint at a stepping stone gig in a few years.

Reaction Score
It's pretty shocking how little money many, many Hollywood actors make. You'd be surprised. They make a ton in appearance money, that's their bread & butter. But I'm not sure people are calling for Murray to give talks etc.

In my work, we regularly bring in creatives in the film, acting, writing world.

Some famous people make $50k-$100k for a 4 month movie. Some well known writers who have best selling books make only $50k on what took them 2 or 3 year to write. One of these writers works as a guidance counselor and had a student walk in and ask if she's related to ... [names the famous writer] ... herself!?! It was her. He couldn't imagine that person working as a counselor.

While Directors and Cinematographers live hand to mouth.

I know someone that wrote, produced, directed her own Hulu series. It had the highest ratings on the service. She moonlighted as 911-Dispatcher.

But if you ask an actor / writer to make a one day appearance at an event, their agents want $20k.

Bill Murray's net worth is comfortably in the nine figures. He's not punching up scripts for a Hulu miniseries.

Reaction Score
Bill Murray's net worth is comfortably in the nine figures. He's not punching up scripts for a Hulu miniseries.
I looked it up. He's at $180m. According to an article, almost all the money came from the original Ghostbusters. All four actors together got 30% of the proceeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom