Kim Mulkey | The Boneyard

Kim Mulkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. Like her or dislike her (put me in the former category), one must admit she's a great coach.
2. The "color" she brings to the game adds a huge element of interest, to say nothing of fun. My wife, whose knowledge of, and interest in, sports in general never fails to join me in watching when Kim's involved.
3. As good as she is, she was a huge beneficiary of the portal, which has changed the landscape of the college game completely, and will continue to going forward.
4. 102 points??? Are you kidding me???
5. Finally, I am an old guy. For nearly as long as I've been on the planet, I've been an ardent sports fan (my wife boasts other attributes!). One of the things I've learned over the years is that sport writers, announcers, and so-called "pundits" (the folks we Louisianans refer to as the "expoits") love pat scripts that lead to scripted outcomes. I'm a huge Caitlyn Clark fan, but I've also learned that betting against those much-cherished scripted outcomes is usually a good idea.

Reaction Score
She's clearly #3 all-time behind Geno and Pat. Geno said you need luck as well as talent to win a Title. LSU proved that this year. They had favorable matchups through the Tourney after a very easy regular season schedule, with not many quality wins.

I like her as well. Say what you want about her personality, beliefs and wardrobes, she knows how to build a program, get buy-in from her players and she can flat out coach.
Congrats to her and LSU.

Reaction Score
Whatever spells and she cast and voodoo dolls of UConn players she stuck pins into to take star players out of the lineup to embark on her second season in Louisiana, well, it worked.

...ok not serious here, but it does fit a particular aura and narrative about Kim that totally on point - not wrong about that.

Reaction Score
What to make of Kim? I find her annoying and it has nothing to do with her choice of costumes. I do admit that she brings some pizzazz to the game, which is always welcome, and is one hell of a coach and recruiter.

Reaction Score
1. Like her or dislike her (put me in the former category), one must admit she's a great coach.
2. The "color" she brings to the game adds a huge element of interest, to say nothing of fun. My wife, whose knowledge of, and interest in, sports in general never fails to join me in watching when Kim's involved.
3. As good as she is, she was a huge beneficiary of the portal, which has changed the landscape of the college game completely, and will continue to going forward.
4. 102 points??? Are you kidding me???
5. Finally, I am an old guy. For nearly as long as I've been on the planet, I've been an ardent sports fan (my wife boasts other attributes!). One of the things I've learned over the years is that sport writers, announcers, and so-called "pundits" (the folks we Louisianans refer to as the "expoits") love pat scripts that lead to scripted outcomes. I'm a huge Caitlyn Clark fan, but I've also learned that betting against those much-cherished scripted outcomes is usually a good idea.
4. Utterly classless. Mulkey is obviously a great coach, but she showed Iowa no respect. She allowed her team to run up the score in the final minutes, including throwing up 3s, despite a double digit lead throughout.

Reaction Score
Her antics aside. What coach has won a Natty that soon again after changing colleges? That has to elevate her status. Granted winning always requires a bit of luck, but still.
As someone else commented: the portal.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
One of the things I've learned over the years is that sport writers, announcers, and so-called "pundits" (the folks we Louisianans refer to as the "expoits") love pat scripts that lead to scripted outcomes.
I was a sportswriter for 46 years and never had an agenda. You may be correct regarding announcers and "pundits" but anyone who refers to LSU and Iowa as "they" isn't a journalist and shouldn't be packaged with we ink-stained wretches.

Reaction Score
You don't have to love her...but
Masterful job...a very well-coached team.
Played to their potential
and a sub, won the game...
Impressive!
I agree and really rallied her team somehow convinced them Iowa was being disrespectful towards LSU because they didn’t guard the 3 for South Carolina. Interesting take but it worked because LSU shot the lights out in the first half. She’s different for sure and I hate that she had nothing to say about the Griner stuff but she knows how to do it.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Congratulations to Kim and all the die-hard LSU fans on this forum who have supported their team through the years.
Kim was already cemented as a top 4 All-time and while todays win gives her 4 Titles, I am not ready to move her past Tara at this point who has won significantly more games, been to more Final Fours and been in more tournaments.
Again, congrats to KM and the Tigers!

Reaction Score
Not a fan of her antics (constantly crying to the officials on every call against her team and going wild on the sidelines without any reaction from the refs) but she is one of the very best coaches in WBB ever. What she did this season is absolutely amazing!

Reaction Score
How many portal transfers did LSU have on their team? That's the new baseline. How she doesn't get teed up is beyond me - way out on the court while the ball is being dribble right in front of her.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I want to thank all 68 teams and the coaches in this year’s field for a most enjoyable 3 weeks of tournament play. I enjoyed it except for UConn’s early departure. I really enjoyed the final 4. How many of you had LSU winning the tournament immediately after the field was announced that Monday night?

I’d be interested in finding out how many millions of Tournament Challenge brackets submitted to ESPN had LSU winning the championship? :eek: Not many I would imagine.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Kim Mulkey! I know that many on this board are not fond of her but for me I have nothing but respect for her. As a player, AC, HC at Baylor and now at LSU, she was born to win. She said it would take time but in year two!? Just remarkable.

Reaction Score
Can argue style but can't argue success. The fact that for one night LSU shot out of their minds so they weren't one dimensional on offense certainly was a big part of the success of Kim's game plan. Being too one dimensional was the shortcoming of South Carolinal's game plan and it doomed them.

Dawn's days of dominating the SEC may be numbered...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom