Kim Mulkey’s statement | The Boneyard

Kim Mulkey’s statement

Reaction Score
Is that one South Carolina fan happy now?
1B823108-A5BA-4FC7-BA92-D208AB2973C8.jpeg

Reaction Score
If you’re addressing me the @button here works... and to answer your question no I’m not happy. Good for Mulkey for FINALLY speaking up but everything seems forced. Regardless if she’s truly genuine about her statement then kudos to her!

Reaction Score
If you’re addressing me the @button here works... and to answer your question no I’m not happy. Good for Mulkey for FINALLY speaking up but everything seems forced. Regardless if she’s truly genuine about her statement then kudos to her!
Lol there’s like a million South Carolina posters on here! My bad I didn’t know it was you! And what did you think would happen? When people call people out to speak on something of course it’s going to sound forced! You can’t expect people to speak out and when they do you’re not happy with it! Like Mulkey said in her post, change that is needed is more than words on a social media post!

Reaction Score
Lol there’s like a million South Carolina posters on here! My bad I didn’t know it was you! And what did you think would happen? When people call people out to speak on something of course it’s going to sound forced! You can’t expect people to speak out and when they do you’re not happy with it! Like Mulkey said in her post, change that is needed is more than words on a social media post!

I apologize. If I came off wrong initially. That’s not my intentions, and to answer your question yes I’m quite pleased Mulkey has made a statement. There is total chaos in the world and I will be the first to say I let my frustrations get the better of me.

Reaction Score
I apologize. If I came off wrong initially. That’s not my intentions, and to answer your question yes I’m quite pleased Mulkey has made a statement. There is total chaos in the world and I will be the first to say I let my frustrations get the better of me.
It’s all good! It’s okay I get heated about what’s going in the world too! I got into it on Facebook this morning with a random old lady! Lol

Reaction Score
I see all coaches across the board doing it. I agree a lot of these statements are forced but I think they have their reasons. The reality most programs have deep ties since almost every athletic program is greatly comprised of African Americans. Recruits and current team members look up to that. As a coach, a leader they feel comfort seeing that their coach’s supports and shares a voice on issues important to those young athletes.

Reaction Score
F936C4A4-516A-45C6-B364-421FD61EC8E6.jpeg

This makes me mad because people get mad if she doesn’t say anything but get mad because she said something? Like what do people expect? Of course everything is going to sound forced!

Reaction Score
Say something before One of your former player calls you out. After makes it seem forced
I’m sorry but I think that when people speak on important issues it’s going to sound forced no matter what! And again, change is more than words on social media! Sure it’s nice that people speak out but actions speaks louder than words!

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but I think that when people speak on important issues it’s going to sound forced no matter what! And again, change is more than words on social media! Sure it’s nice that people speak out but actions speaks louder than words!
Obviously at least One of her former players wanted words

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Say something before One of your former player calls you out. After makes it seem forced

Our coach (not Greensboro College's) released a statement today as well. Lexie Brown called out all the coaches and schools on Friday. Not sure if Coach McCallie saw it or not.

Reaction Score
Our coach (not Greensboro College's) released a statement today as well. Lexie Brown called out all the coaches and schools on Friday.
I’m all for pushing the issue and calling people out but when they do speak out, people have the audacity to say their statement was not genuine!? Like don’t ask for people to speak out and then when they do bash them on it!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Statements released by Adia Barnes yesterday, also Kevin Sumlin.

At Rutgers statements from AD, FB's Greg Shiano, MBB Steve Pickiel and the outgoing President of Rutgers University, Bob Barchi.

Also Vivian, praising "peaceful protesters" and calling for sporting figures to lead the fight against racism.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The statement by the UConn players has been lauded. From Dan Wolken's column in USA Today:

"It has to when you see the UConn women’s basketball team declare definitely, courageously that, “Yes, we are rioting. And yes, we are protesting because we are tired of innocent black lives dying at the hands of police officers who do not care about our humanity.”

Reaction Score
Has Geno put out a statement? I know he's not on social media but was just curious. Not trying to flame.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yes.
I just love what Geno did here.

He lets the young women of his team take the lead, seize the mic, and make themselves heard ... and he then backs them up.

At a time when many people's first instinct is to respond in a "me" way, he responds in a "we" way. You go Geno.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom