Kim Barnes Arico on WFAN (Francesa) | The Boneyard

Kim Barnes Arico on WFAN (Francesa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
She's being interviewed by Mike right now (3:10 EST). Glad she and her program are enjoying some attention. On the flip side as many of you know Francesa hardly EVER has any coverage of WCBB.
So of course a NY team beating us is HUGE news. She's giving a lot of credit to Geno for being gracious in defeat. She mentioned how Geno helped in the profession and when he saw her later after the game pressers he was still very complimentary and congratulatory. Hey I'd rather not lose but (Unranked or not) I'd rather lose to St Johns than Rutgers (LOL).

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Mike follows the interview with a very uninformed comment about St Johns women making it to the final four.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I'm delighted even if it takes a loss that Mike is finally noticing our game. It was a big hole in his otherwise enviable program.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Kudos to KBA. She is a class act herself and has worked very hard to get the SJU team to this level.

RE; Francesca - reminds of the old quote about Cosell - often wrong, but never in doubt.

Reaction Score
Hey, The Fan does mention UCONN wwowmen on a regular basis when they are playing a big game or coming off a BIG WIN......

Reaction Score
The FAN will give a Fairleigh Dickinson men's score but not a UCONN women's score. Even though FDU had about 900 people at a game while our women had 9000.

Kim also mentioned that Geno texted her a few times that night on their bus ride home. They play WV tomorrow. Will be a tough one.

Reaction Score
Mike is a St John's graduate and seems to be an active alumnus. In my memory, the last time WCBB saw the light of day on his show was when Geno and Harry Paretta made an arrangement that allowed Nykysha Sales to set the UCONN scoring record after she tore her achilles. Geno came on and was throughly abused by the all knowing. Best case; maybe if St John's goes anywhere in the tournament, WCBB will get some more exposure.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Mike is a St John's graduate and seems to be an active alumnus. In my memory, the last time WCBB saw the light of day on his show was when Geno and Harry Paretta made an arrangement that allowed Nykysha Sales to set the UCONN scoring record after she tore her achilles. Geno came on and was throughly abused by the all knowing. Best case; maybe if St John's goes anywhere in the tournament, WCBB will get some more exposure.
Geno has been on more recently than that. That was in the dark ages. I think the last time might have been during the run up to breaking the consecutive game streak.

Reaction Score
KBA is a class act and I am happy that she and her program is getting some national recognition.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Excellent win for St John's but it won't mean as much if it doesn't follow up with a good run in both the BET (at least the semis) and NCAAs. Given its improved health, experience and current level of play, St John's should be disappointed with less than a S16 finish.

Reaction Score
Kim Barnes Arico is a winner on two fronts. She is a winner with her St. John's Woman's basketball team & most of all, her beautiful family. Good for you Kim!

Reaction Score
The first thing Geno said when on with Fatso and Fruitloops was "No interview for the national championship but now you call". Good one for Geno. He was not abused. Fruitloops tried but Geno did not 'bite' and stood up for his actions.

mr006

Reaction Score
I seem to recall Geno being on with Francesca after some of our NCAA championships, but it is true that WBB gets ignored on the station, which I expect and as such it doesn't usually bother me. HOWEVER...

After our loss in the NCAAs last year to ND, Joe Benigno (who I usually like listening to), who I'm sure I've heard say that WBB does nothing for him, stated that the UC loss made his weekend. Huh? If you're not interested in the sport, just ignore it. It shouldn't give you that kind of a high.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I seem to recall Geno being on with Francesca after some of our NCAA championships, but it is true that WBB gets ignored on the station, which I expect and as such it doesn't usually bother me. HOWEVER...

After our loss in the NCAAs last year to ND, Joe Benigno (who I usually like listening to), who I'm sure I've heard say that WBB does nothing for him, stated that the UC loss made his weekend. Huh? If you're not interested in the sport, just ignore it. It shouldn't give you that kind of a high.

Yes those are usually the kinds of mentions WCBB gets on the fan. Negative. Sure they've had Geno on after milestones. They had Pat on after she passed Dean Smith but by far the two biggest stories WFAN discussed at length about WCBB had nothing to do with the actual winning of games or championships. Don Imus commenting on Rutgers and even more of a multi-day discussion was the Sales basket set up by Geno and Harry. If it isn't controversial WFAN is not likely to have much to do with WCBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom