Kill retires | The Boneyard

Kill retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another opening in the coaching carousel as Jerry Kill retires due to health reasons. From afar, he seemed to be doing a nice job with that program.

Reaction Score
I think their still in the process of finding a new AD as i think their previous AD resigned in a scandal.....also doubt their gonna seek a new HC immediately as JK's assistant coach who took over when he was sick was doing we'll...can't think of the interim coachs name now....Caedy i think.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Question: do you guys think that the Maryland job or the Minnesota job is more attractive?

Reaction Score
IMO, Maryland is the best job out there. You have a sugar daddy in UA, play in the BIG, where you have lots of $$ and very few top programs, you are based in a state/area (when you include DC and VA) that has a LOT of HS talent and, frankly, the expectations are reasonable. Going to either USCe or USCw and you're fighting sky high expectations or following a legend, so if you do absolutely great, you did what they expected you to do.

MN - that's a lot like UConn (or Illini) - tough place to recruit kids to play, you're playing in an NFL city, you'll always be 2d fiddle, you play in a small stadium, and every year you have to either try and get top tier kids to play for you rather than Michigan, MSU, Wisc. or tOSU or go the developmental route and hope to catch lightning in a bottle once every decade. The only difference I see at the moment is that they are BIG and we are not.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
You have to feel for Kill - I thought he'd give it up last year. Minn really needs a lightning-in-a-bottle coach. Great school, great campus, nice stadium and city. The weather blows but it's not hugely different than the northeast. I have family members that work there and one occasionally wears snow pants walking from his parking lot to office. However, their winter was milder than ours last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom