KiKi? Really? Kia Homecoming Vid New 2 Me | The Boneyard

KiKi? Really? Kia Homecoming Vid New 2 Me

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maybe you all saw this. I didn't. This one has a shot from the floor in the UConn huddle with Lou admonishing to Kick *** among other things. Ending up with Kia running up in the stands to greet her grandparents who had never seen her play live. Anyway ...

Reaction Score
Not that all your threads are not good Rocky but this was simply GREAT... As we all have different faves over the years but Kia is on my all time list without a doubt!
The off court smile as wide as a mile and the on court grimace, saying the ball is mine!
Thanks Rocky, I raise my glass to you hoping you can provide insight like this for decades. As for Kia I hope she gets to carry the NC trophy off the court with Gabby.
(As a side note she was the one carrying it into the signing session at a football game two years back.) Kind of like, I got this down with a big smile.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think his new power cord is much more powerful than we have been lead to believe! I t can suck UConn WBB stuff right out of the ether. ;)

Damn thing is actually overdue! We are such creatures of habit. Hoping I'll see it today.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I was expecting Kia tossing the little kid her jersey. :D
In a way, she is our Mean Joe Greene! I think it would be fitting (no pun intended). ;)

Reaction Score
The whole video was great; what struck me most forcefully, however, was Kia's statement at 5:54 of the video that what has made UConn so successful is Geno and CD holding every single player during the last 33 years to the same standard, whether that player is the top player on the team or a walk on. She goes on to say that this too is why she has gotten so much better over the years.

I found Kia’s statements in this regard particularly notable given the view by some that Geno should loosen his standards for this year’s freshman class by providing them playing time regardless of how they peform at practice. To hear Kia assert it is Geno's adherence to his very demanding standards that is the reason UConn is so successful strengthens my view that he should not lower his standards in any respect for this year's freshman class.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Now THAT was a great profile. Loved the interviews with her dad and sister and of course Kia was her usual well-spoken self. Wish we had more like this of all the kids.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I understand Heinz has her lined up for a commercial shoot right after the tourney. Involves Kia licking ketchup off the trophy and the tag line: Everything's better with Heinz Ketchup on it.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Seeing this makes me even angrier that my passport didn't come in time. I hope someone enjoyed my 2 prepaid seats! What a senior we have!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom