Kiki or Kk ???? | The Boneyard

Kiki or Kk ????

Reaction Score
If we can only get one who is the better fit. Both are very talented but have different games. Kk looks to drive the ball hard to the basket but from the videos doesn’t shoot all that often from the outside so I don’t know how good she is from 15 feet and out whereas Kiki has the ability to drive she also has a nice pull up and appears to be able to shoot from beyond 3 as well. Kiki‘s highlights show a better passer but I don’t know if that’s just how the videos played out. Kk appears to be more aggressive but that just could be the sample of videos I’ve seen. It’s hard to tell just how good either one is not knowing the quality of opponent they are playing. So I put It to you the more knowledgeable Boneyarders who would you push harder for if you were Geno?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
@oldude, am wondering what you consider to be Kiki's edge. Shooting? Not questioning, just asking.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
@oldude, am wondering what you consider to be Kiki's edge. Shooting? Not questioning, just asking.
I’m certainly not an expert, but from the limited amount of film I’ve seen on both, KiKi appears to have a better all around game and a tad more athleticism. I also see KiKi stepping right into the guard rotation as a freshman, assuming both Evina & Christyn head to the pros after next season.

Reaction Score
kk ♥️ even she's not ranking high she's the best guard in her class , physical and she olay agood defence ,and she's deferenti guard than nika paige azzi ..I think kiki rice should commit to Maryland and kk to uconn ♥️??

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If we can only get one who is the better fit. Both are very talented but have different games. Kk looks to drive the ball hard to the basket but from the videos doesn’t shoot all that often from the outside so I don’t know how good she is from 15 feet and out whereas Kiki has the ability to drive she also has a nice pull up and appears to be able to shoot from beyond 3 as well. Kiki‘s highlights show a better passer but I don’t know if that’s just how the videos played out. Kk appears to be more aggressive but that just could be the sample of videos I’ve seen. It’s hard to tell just how good either one is not knowing the quality of opponent they are playing. So I put It to you the more knowledgeable Boneyarders who would you push harder for if you were Geno?
There are actually 4 guards (KK Bransford, Kiki Rice, T'yana Todd, Jenna Isai) still in consideration for the UCONN '22 class. If I'm Geno I pushing for none of the above because in all likelihood a '22 guard is going to have a hard time finding a role and minutes. The class of '23 is also LOADED with good to great guards. Personally I would take KK over Kiki, Jenna Isai over all of them. I'm not convinced that Todd is a UCONN level talent. Kiki and KK had remarkable similar stats at USA U16 in 2019. I like KK a little more because she seems to have been interested in UCONN longest, having visited on her own dime as a sophomore at the same time as some other UCONN recruits who have accepted the challenge and decided to sign up. There is just something about Isai that makes me think she will do very well at UCONN. She is versatile plays 3 positions very well. On the AAU circuit Jenna had remarkable good chemistry with Ice Brady. I view Brady as a foundation piece for UCONN and such chemistry is hard to come by. Another note about Jenna, she tore her ACL May of 2019. While the ACL tear is unfortunate UCONN has a great history of taking in HS schools players with these type of injuries and restoring them to be even better than before.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I’m certainly not an expert, but from the limited amount of film I’ve seen on both, KiKi appears to have a better all around game and a tad more athleticism. I also see KiKi stepping right into the guard rotation as a freshman, assuming both Evina & Christyn head to the pros after next season.
You saw her on "FILM"? She must be older than she is admitting.:rolleyes:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I agree, KiKi seems the better ball handler, and she is also flashier. After Moriah, Chrystal, and Paige, I would like to see a player in that sort of mold.

Reaction Score
There are actually 4 guards (KK Bransford, Kiki Rice, T'yana Todd, Jenna Isai) still in consideration for the UCONN '22 class. If I'm Geno I pushing for none of the above because in all likelihood a '22 guard is going to have a hard time finding a role and minutes. The class of '23 is also LOADED with good to great guards. Personally I would take KK over Kiki, Jenna Isai over all of them. I'm not convinced that Todd is a UCONN level talent. Kiki and KK had remarkable similar stats at USA U16 in 2019. I like KK a little more because she seems to have been interested in UCONN longest, having visited on her own dime as a sophomore at the same time as some other UCONN recruits who have accepted the challenge and decided to sign up. There is just something about Isai that makes me think she will do very well at UCONN. She is versatile plays 3 positions very well. On the AAU circuit Jenna had remarkable good chemistry with Ice Brady. I view Brady as a foundation piece for UCONN and such chemistry is hard to come by. Another note about Jenna, she tore her ACL May of 2019. While the ACL tear is unfortunate UCONN has a great history of taking in HS schools players with these type of injuries and restoring them to be even better than before.
Could you please enlighten us, as I have little knowledge of the Class of 23. Which guards should UCONN be looking at? Do you have any ideas of which might be interested in UCONN? Personally I want one or two good guards, then a couple of 6'6" players... or the #1 player in the class....

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

• Didn't know about the ACL for Isai. That's coming up on two years: is she playing again?
  • ND has a strong interest in KK Bransford, as well. Her game reminds a lot of folks as a mixture of Jackie Young and Arike, with her proclivity for drawing fouls while driving to the hoop. Still, not much evidence of her getting to South Bend prior to the pandemic (unlike Storrs). That's one reason why Bench recruiting watchers will be seeing if she comes up to ND to visit former USA teammates Miles and Citron during summer session.
  • Speaking of KK's, there's also 2023's KK Arnold, the point guard from Germantown, Wisconsin. ND had already extended an offer. I imagine the UConn braintrust will see how 2022 shakes out before ascertaining what the next need/fit is. Any interest from Storrs that you know of? Stay tuned. ;)

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Considering that Geno used a 4-guard lineup for much of this season, it’s not improbable that a talented 2022 guard could find minutes in a rotation with, Paige, Nika and Azzi, assuming Evina & Christyn head to the W.

I know there are a number of talented wings that will compete for minutes with the guards, but that situation will be around for any guard considering UConn for several years to come. It all comes down to just how confident a recruit is in their ability to compete for PT. As many have stated, if a recruit wants Geno to guarantee minutes, they don’t belong at UConn in the first place.

Reaction Score
I like Kiki a little better than KK mostly from a versatility standpoint. She could translate as a newer version of Evina. She could be a point guard, shooting guard, or small forward, and play with a number of the players that will return next year. She might be a mediocre perimeter shooter, but otherwise have a pretty solid game.

KK is stronger physically but perhaps not quite as skilled. Also solid all around and capable of playing several positions, but perhaps with not as much point guard skills as Kiki. Both penetrate well and take the ball to the basket strong.

I think the 2020 and 2021 classes makes one of these two ladies a possible fit now. The 2020 class brought two great passing point guards, but the only really good three point shooter was Paige. The 2021 class added tremendous outside shooting. So now a versatile multiple position player who can take it to the basket compliments those existing skills.

Neither is guaranteed an ultimate starting role or even a significant role on a loaded roster, but with versatility their chances are much better finding some way to blend in. I suspect KK is the more likely to come here as her Uconn interest has appeared for a pretty long time. If one picks Uconn we are set for this recruiting class, and the other one probably looks elsewhere. If neither picks us it is still a very very good class with two, and I would skip pursuing the next tier of possibilities and shift to 2023.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Impressive skill set, although I notice that she always takes that hop step when she shoots 3’s, similar to Lou who got whistled for a number of traveling calls as a freshman. Hopefully, she can learn to just catch and shoot without the hop.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm not sure either one end up here. Too many other options for PT on certain teams. We will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Reaction Score

I like this kid more than either Rice or Bransford. However, I just have a feeling that none of the top rated guards of the '22 class are going to test UConn's depth chart for guards /wings and will go elsewhere. The KK I'd be after is Arnold in '23. She and Booker would be a fine combo for me.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Considering that Geno used a 4-guard lineup for much of this season, it’s not improbable that a talented 2022 guard could find minutes in a rotation with, Paige, Nika and Azzi, assuming Evina & Christyn head to the W.

I know there are a number of talented wings that will compete for minutes with the guards, but that situation will be around for any guard considering UConn for several years to come. It all comes down to just how confident a recruit is in their ability to compete for PT. As many have stated, if a recruit wants Geno to guarantee minutes, they don’t belong at UConn in the first place.
The 4 guard lineup utilized this season was entirely out of necessity due to injury and lack of productivity from the PF & SF positions. This will not be an issue with the arrival of the class of '22 which has a pair of dynamic forwards. It is very improbable that that UCONN will be utilizing a 4 guard line up for the 22-23 season because that would mean 4 of these 5 players are spectating (AE, Dorka?, Amari, Ice, Ayanna) and not to mention (Aubrey & Mir and Piath). Many are also "hoping" that Piath will be a contributor in what would be her "junior" season. Minutes are going to be scarce for anyone not named Paige or Azzi (if she plays as advertised) for the 22-23 season across the board because in the words of @Tonyc that team is going to be "loaded". More significant is that UCONN would be doing SC, Stanford, and Maryland a huge favor by going with a 4 guard line up.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I like KiKi and KK but I think the surprise guard in this class is Lemyah Hylton. I think she is going to be a star. Whoever lands her will be really happy.
Hylton from those highlights appears to be a major talent.
Per this article:
"She's (Hylton) narrowed her 2022 U.S. college basketball choices to include Michigan, Michigan State, Arizona, North Carolina and Harvard."
I agree with @Mdoggie UCONN should get in here if possible. Best thing I saw in that video was a great set of feet and major length putting pressure on the ball. UCONN could definitely use some of that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom