Kiki or Kk ???? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kiki or Kk ????

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The 4 guard lineup utilized this season was entirely out of necessity due to injury and lack of productivity from the PF & SF positions. This will not be an issue with the arrival of the class of '22 which has a pair of dynamic forwards. It is very improbable that that UCONN will be utilizing a 4 guard line up for the 22-23 season because that would mean 4 of these 5 players are spectating (AE, Dorka?, Amari, Ice, Ayanna) and not to mention (Aubrey & Mir and Piath). Many are also "hoping" that Piath will be a contributor in what would be her "junior" season. Minutes are going to be scarce for anyone not named Paige or Azzi (if she plays as advertised) for the 22-23 season across the board because in the words of @Tonyc that team is going to be "loaded". More significant is that UCONN would be doing SC, Stanford, and Maryland a huge favor by going with a 4 guard line up.
Whether or not UConn starts 4, 3 or 2 guards in 22-23, at some point, UConn will need to bring in additional guards because Paige, Azzi and Nika won’t be around forever. Geno has the luxury right now that he didn’t have a few years ago when he had to scramble to fill his roster. With that in mind if he can bring in a top guard from the class of 2022, why on earth wouldn’t he do so.

Reaction Score
Impressive skill set, although I notice that she always takes that hop step when she shoots 3’s, similar to Lou who got whistled for a number of traveling calls as a freshman. Hopefully, she can learn to just catch and shoot without the hop.
She also needs to get rid of her high dribble. It's pretty to look at and she gets away with it in highschool, but in D1 college ball she will pay the price.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Whether or not UConn starts 4, 3 or 2 guards in 22-23, at some point, UConn will need to bring in additional guards because Paige, Azzi and Nika won’t be around forever. Geno has the luxury right now that he didn’t have a few years ago when he had to scramble to fill his roster. With that in mind if he can bring in a top guard from the class of 2022, why on earth wouldn’t he do so.
I realize you are speaking in hyperbole since no one is around "forever" At the start of the 22-23 season Paige and Nika will be a juniors with 2 full years of eligibility remaining. Caroline, Azzi, and Saylor will be sophomore with 3 fully years of eligibility remaining. @Fossil original question was "Who would you push harder for if you were Geno". My answer remains none of the above for the reasons I previously detailed. If KK or Kiki or Jenna or T'yana decide to come to UCONN I'm sure they would be welcomed but that would be far different than "Geno pushing".

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I realize you are speaking in hyperbole since no one is around "forever" At the start of the 22-23 season Paige and Nika will be a juniors with 2 full years of eligibility remaining. Caroline, Azzi, and Saylor will be sophomore with 3 fully years of eligibility remaining. @Fossil original question was "Who would you push harder for if you were Geno". My answer remains none of the above for the reasons I previously detailed. If KK or Kiki or Jenna or T'yana decide to come to UCONN I'm sure they would be welcomed but that would be far different than "Geno pushing".
It’s a bit of splitting hairs when differentiating between “welcomed” and “pushing” recruits. But I get your point, which is in line with my comment that Geno has the “luxury” to pick and choose additional recruits right now.

Injuries, players deciding to forego their senior year to turn pro and transfers have all thrown curve balls to college programs in the past, including UConn. I don’t think UConn is done recruiting the Class of 2022.

Certainly Ayanna & Ice are two big frontcourt additions. With all the 5-star Bigs pretty much off the board, the top talent remaining in the 2022 Class is in the backcourt. I will be surprised if UConn doesn’t add a 3rd player/guard to the 2022 recruiting class.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom