Kicker Hubris | The Boneyard

Kicker Hubris

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The ECU kicker was screwing around. Kicked a ball off the scoreboard. Stuck a couple in the bleachers.

Big kick? Gag.

Tarbutt is Johnny Instagram for a couple of years.

Big Kick? Gag.

Maybe leave some of the cockiness behind if you are going to melt under pressure.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He cited Scott Norwood as one of his inspirations during media availability this week.

Bandera_roja.jpg

Reaction Score
The ECU kicker was screwing around. Kicked a ball off the scoreboard. Stuck a couple in the bleachers.

Big kick? Gag.

Big Kick? Gag.

Maybe leave some of the cockiness behind if you are going to melt under pressure.
What was the stupid penalty that put the ball 15 yards out?

Reaction Score
these kids have not had enough experience with making big plays. Dumb mistake, but it comes with the territory.

Reaction Score
Two big mistakes..... Stepping out of bounds on a 2 pt conversion capped by unsportsmanlike like

Reaction Score
We've tried to run kickers off before, like Nuzie, and even Teggart. Other schools have too. I know PSU tried to run off a few that ended up being All-Americans. It would not surprise me at all if Tarbutt comes back as a solid kicker. But yes, of course, you have more than one on the roster.

Reaction Score
Help wanted: kicker. Must have intestinal fortitude to make kicks in critical situations. Apply to R.Edsall, Shenkman Center Storrs, Ct
Yeah, he can't be counted on next year. This needs to be the last time he screws us. It doesn't even matter how easy the kick is! Way to send away Newsome and the seniors.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Weveere spoiled with Puyol and Wain. Tarbut cannot make money kicks and has yet to learn to put kickoffs at the 5. Graham is going to lose his spot to the Aussie.

Reaction Score
- 15 yard penalty means a 35 yard extra point.
- a kick up the middle or slightly right gets blocked.

There's no question Tarbutt struggled this year ... but I'm not selling, at this point. Tarbutt will be back ... and better for having been through this. Anyone bitching about Tarbutt must have had Over 3.5 wins ...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Weveere spoiled with Puyol and Wain. Tarbut cannot make money kicks and has yet to learn to put kickoffs at the 5. Graham is going to lose his spot to the Aussie.
I disagree with kickoffs at the five. UConn doesn’t have the athletes yet on special teams to feel confident you will stop them short of the 25. Kicking out of the end zone is the right thing with this team.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm not worried about the kicking. It is a problem that will solve itself. Tarbutt is going to be a senior, it's time to recruit another kicker anyhow.

Reaction Score
Some times there's a fine line between hero and choker. If Tarbutt misses the 53 yarder he doesn't have the opportunity to become the goat. Kind of the opposite of Adam Vinatieri in the 2004 Super Bowl. Vinatieri missed a 31 yarder and had one blocked from 36 yards in that game, yet he is seen as the hero of the game. If he made just one of his earlier FG attempts he does not get the opportunity to become a hero.

Reaction Score

Big kick? Gag.

Big Kick? Gag.

I suppose it is fitting the season ended on a another missed fg and/or pat by our kicker...

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
He has had the misfortune of missing game winning or tying kicks. He will be much better next year for it. I was told by a now former player that Will Rishell should have been the kicker this year. In the scheme of things, while the maybe 2 more wins would have been nice, we weren't going bowling and this was the transition year. We will reap the benefits next year.

Reaction Score
Some times there's a fine line between hero and choker. If Tarbutt misses the 53 yarder he doesn't have the opportunity to become the goat. Kind of the opposite of Adam Vinatieri in the 2004 Super Bowl. Vinatieri missed a 31 yarder and had one blocked from 36 yards in that game, yet he is seen as the hero of the game. If he made just one of his earlier FG attempts he does not get the opportunity to become a hero.
No, but he's cost them games all year with easy kicks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom