Kick me while I'm down | The Boneyard

Kick me while I'm down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So I woke up this morning and I'm already over the Yale loss. We're young, injured and will get better. However, I will never get over our conference nightmare as long as we're planted in the Americans.

Reaction Score
If that comes true what would our options be, the A10?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
wow.

Uconn is totally screwed and most people outside of Connecticut will be laughing at us.
that's the price we pay for winning 4 national championships.

at least we have those great memories.
i think it's gonna be awhile until we get the 5th.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
read the update on the realignment board

the source was really really really downplaying what was said. Something liked he talked about it for 90 seconds of a 4 hour show he does 5 times a week

essentially this is what the real story is. "the Big 12 is considering an expansion back to 12 teams", which is not really news in my world

some conference is going to want our exposure in the Northeast, nobody left brings what we have to offer

Reaction Score
I'll take The Big 12 today. Does the travel prohibit?

Reaction Score
Cincy has football and Memphis has location.

Location?? Memphis is 41. Hartford is 45. Fairfield county??

Any first year debate student can argue the case for UConn over Memphis. If the brain trust in Storrs can't do it they need to resign and get new people and fresh thinking in there.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
i dont get it, what do these schools have that uconn doesnt?
Football.

We're not going anywhere until we win some football games. Bottom line.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Bull. memphis sucked at football for years and had 1 good year this year and still don't draw fans.
Exactly, Rutgers sucked at football forever, then they had 1 good season and got a B1G invite. Louisville sucked at football forever. Won the Orange Bowl and they receive an invite to the ACC. Syracuse and Pitt have historically decent programs, and went 8-5 the year prior to receiving ACC invites.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
If that comes true what would our options be, the A10?
Not clear that the Catholic-predominant, no-football Big East would even want us. Maybe MAC for football and A-10 for basketball?...one thing is sure: conference realignment sucks!

Reaction Score
Location?? Memphis is 41. Hartford is 45. Fairfield county??

Any first year debate student can argue the case for UConn over Memphis. If the brain trust in Storrs can't do it they need to resign and get new people and fresh thinking in there.
The furthest east team is West Virginia. The location is the proximity of the schools for travel formCincy and Memphis. Now we would chomp at the bit to get out of purgatory and join but all of those schools would have to go to the east coast, an extra couple hours in the air, and that's for a lot of sports. Your argument is that they get east coast exposure and recruiting. Well that's maybe not an easy sell to the AD's of the schools. I don't think that football wise those schools are light years ahead of us(except this year), and academically we are ahead of them so I think we are a great fit for them. I hope we get to do it but all 3 schools dilute their football. It would be a supreme kick in the nuts if they get in and we don't, a loss to Yale will seem like a party.

Reaction Score
wow.

Uconn is totally screwed and most people outside of Connecticut will be laughing at us.

Man are you a insufferable crybaby.

eeyore.jpg

Reaction Score
wow.

I know you are not feeling well but please stop posting u til you are off your meds and feeling better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom