Kibitzer Bad-Ass award - UCONN vs. Wichita State | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Bad-Ass award - UCONN vs. Wichita State

Who should be the Bad-Ass for this game??

• Lou

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Crystal

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Napheesa

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Gabby

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well that was as huge a beatdown as we've seen this year, and possibly one of the biggest beatdowns in history - 81 point MOV. WOW!!! The only one bigger was a 96 MOV against Providence when UCONN put up 126 points to PC's 30... And I actually thought at times, for good periods, WSU competed hard - O-boards, active defense, tough offense... but they were simply swarmed buy UCONN.

Even for most of the 4th quarter, the reserves played solid defense holding WSU to a low scoring. I could not tell if WSU left their starters in, but Geno exhorted the reserves to "not have a drop off in play" from the starters, and I have to say for the most part they played hard and succeeded.

Great game for UCONN to prime the pump for the big game vs. L'ville on Monday...

And as Geno said at halftime, he attributed ALL of UCONN's excellent play to Crystal Dangerfield. When all is said and done, she will be listed among the all time great UCONN PG's, and to think we have more than 2 years to enjoy and marvel at her play. If she's not the POG, she's 1A in that category. Her behind the back pass was a thing of perfection...

Gabby - what a stat line - 17 points, 7 boards, 6 assists, 4 steals - I was hoping Geno would leave her in long enough for a triple double.

Pheesa - she's more than back - several great games strung together now. 26 pts, 6 boards, 5 assists, 4 steals

Lou - not only a NPOY candidate, but she fills up the stat sheet beyond scoring and plays great defense. 22 pts, 9 assists, 2 boards, 1 steal.

What say the rest of you?!!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think Lou had the best all around game, she would have a double double if some of her passes to her teammates had gone in. There were 3 to 4 misses on her passes.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lou is playing at a level right now where she appears extremely confident that she can do anything she wants on a basketball court. She absolutely looks like the NPOY to me.

Reaction Score
Not sure who gets the Bad-Ass in this one. I will say if it was for one play, the Crystal behind the back pass for an assist got me out of my chair. :)
I say Crystal, even if it's just for that one play. But also after the game Justine asked Geno how much of this [excellent performance] was due to having Crystal back in the lineup. His unhesitating, immediate response was, "All of it."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I voted Phessa because her consistent play under the radar shows me that she has really turned the corner on the season as she works her way up the AA lists. Probably not an appropriate way to use my vote but there it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom