Kibitzer Bad-Ass award - UCONN vs. Tulsa | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Bad-Ass award - UCONN vs. Tulsa

Who should be the Bad-ASS for this game?

• Collier - got off to a torrid start but cooled off. 19 pts on 9-18 shooting and 8 boards

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Stevens - another solid offensive game. 22 pts (but only 4 boards)

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Nurse - 17 points, but 5-7 from beyond the arc. Elite shooting

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Gabby - "only" 7 points, but 5 assists, 5 rebounds, 6 steals

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Tulsa - essentially played UCONN even for 30 minutes (Q's 2,3 and 4 - net loss by 3 pts)

Votes: 12 16.7%

• Total voters

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So I'm not going to make any judgments on the game, how it was played, how it was coached, etc etc. The sole point of this is to pick the Bad-Ass for the game...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Kia, she kept us going in the 4th with both defense and offense.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I voted for Collier because I'm so glad to see her get her mojo back. I was torn between her and Nurse who was great from beyond the arc and had another good defensive game.

Reaction Score
Tie. Collier - 1st half; Stevens - 2nd half.

Not that clear cut but I will nominate Azura Stevens. She was aggressive around the basket on offense and defense. She was the leading scorer with 22 points and was the go-to player when the ball had to get in the hoop, especially when all the bench players were in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The obvious choice for tonight's badass award is missing from the poll list. It's Geno hands down, with no close second.
I'm on board with UCNick....Just too slow to get here with the same exact sentiment. ;)

Reaction Score
I voted for Tulsa. As their coach said in their presser, they kept their composure and played a good game. They got the chance to develop some confidence and that’s a good thing for the conference.

And that will be better for us in the looong run. I realize this league has a lot more room for improvement, but I think we are finally seeing some across the board growth.

Reaction Score
So I'm not going to make any judgments on the game, how it was played, how it was coached, etc etc. The sole point of this is to pick the Bad-Ass for the game...
I'll make a judgement ERICLA---I liked it. The good the bad and the ugly---lots of things to take away from it in a positive manner----if we put away some biases. The new kidz on the block were not perfect--nor were any of the starting 5 as frosh.
I particularly loved GENO --TEACHING Coombs on the side line--BIG plus.

I can't be wrong if I ---GO ALONG WITH KIB-- Azura and Collier.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If you look at the voting, it's interesting to see how diverse the voting is. No one really has more than 30% of the total vote...

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
The obvious choice for tonight's badass award is missing from the poll list. It's Geno hands down, with no close second.

You nailed. He sent a message. Now let's see who was listening. I'm predicting that someone or two will step up, first in practice and then in game time.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
The best thing that could happen to this award would be that it beccomes irrelevant, i.e. every player in the game contributed equally to a victory and there was no clear-cut "winner" except for the team. :D

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I'm giving the badass award to every poster who refrains from doom and gloom on any and all game threads.
Good luck with that. Seems to be insidious this year. But this has been a doomy,gloomy year all around or so I've heard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom