Kibitzer Bad-Ass award - UCONN vs. Memphis | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Bad-Ass award - UCONN vs. Memphis

Who should be the Bad-Ass for this game??

• Napheesa double double (19/12), 2 asst, 1 steal

• Azura - also double double (18/10), 1 asst, 1 block

• Lou - off on her 3 point shot but 17 pts, 6 boards, 2 assts, 3 steals

• Crystal - just because she's so awesome!

Results are only viewable after voting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So no one played over 25 minutes. Beat down extraordinaire. I give you 4 choices for the bad-ass of the game...

Shout out to Kyla for jacking up 7 shots - in 11 minutes. Only made 2 baskets, but girl is NOT afraid to shoot!

Reaction Score
I vote for Amazon, which put this context-ad to the right of my screen:

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 9.17.25 PM.png

Reaction Score
Tough call, because all four were just so bad-ass today. I picked Lou, for coming back strong despite a foot that could not possibly be feeling good, and for still dropping 17 despite a three-ball that wasn't quite there for her today. Well done!

Reaction Score
I isolated on Katie Lou for long stretches of her playing time - she was moving constantly and with purpose - her defense was great to watch, switching, doubling up, and some very good boxing out for rebounds. Same on offense - one play I thought significant and captured her total play today. In second half, took a three from the left arc, missed - UConn got the rebound and there she was curling in to take a pass and make the two - on the right side of the key under the basket. Lovely

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Crystal for her smothering high energy defense with offense and passing sprinkled in perfectly at the right times. Not easy to play in front of your family/ friends :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Crystal for her smothering high energy defense with offense and passing sprinkled in perfectly at the right times. Not easy to play in front of your family/ friends :D

I've commented in other threads how Crystal is now able to keep her man in front of her the way Kia and Gabby do, and the way Jefferson use to. This skill had to be learned, and it was not learned or perfected overnight. It took time. Have you also noticed how much better her shooting has improved from beyond the arc? Teams can't leave her open any more and dare her to shoot like some did last year. That said, Lou gets my vote. She came back from her recent foot injury as well as still nursing that shiner. She's tough as NAILS (which might not be a bad nick name for her). Nails Samuelson, it has a nice ring to it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I vote for Amazon, which put this context-ad to the right of my screen:

View attachment 28017
On the surface that is some badass contextual placement marketing! But really probably a waste of money for the advertiser. I was in a mobility products business. We hired a search engine marketing consultant who said he could get us a million clicks (= "leads"). He did, by optimizing on the keyword "handicap." Of course the consultant got paid by the click, but 99% of the clickers were golfers. They probably had high golf handicaps, but all of them were able to walk and had no use whatsoever for our products.

Reaction Score
she was kickin' a** out the gate
Agreed. Sometimes, I think that Phees just doesn't get enough love from this group. Can't tell you the number of times I've read "What's wrong with Phees?", "shot looks off", "seems injured", "still hasn't recovered from MS game", "not the same player as last year", and on and on and on.

But there she is: among team leaders in points, RBs, blocks, minutes, steals. She plays solid D. Hands everywhere, disrupting passes, keeping balls alive, getting leverage and position in the low post, muscling up on D. Game in, game out, she comes out hard. Against Memphis, she easily could have had another 6 points if entry passes had been more accurate or if she'd gotten a roll. No matter. The points come. And the rest takes care of itself. I think Phees's style of play--the way she runs the court, the way she slips a screen, finds a spot, positions herself for a RB, and so on, are so deceptively smooth that it is easy to assume she just isn't doing as much as others (like Crystal who is like a bumble bee, like Gabby who is flying all over the place, like Kia who goes to the deck at least 2-3x every game). Not so.

She gets my vote.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Could easily be any of the 4 listed, but I had to go with Lou because once again she proved that whether it’s a bad ankle, black eye or illness, if she’s able to stand up and walk, Lou gives you everything she’s got.

I was particularly impressed with Lou’s defensive effort, and even a little alarmed when she went crashing into the announcers table trying to make a steal.

Textbook BA!

Reaction Score
We looked quite lethargic until Kia took it upon herself to get up close and personal on defense....she changed the entire tempo of the game...stats don't show it but she gets my vote for her leadership

Reaction Score
Lou comes back strong! She was bouncing all over the court, not at all gimpy. She is always pretty BA!
Because of her serious, recurring, life long injury and still playing full out--it has to be KLS---I was pleased for Danger getting to show Mom and Dad how really Badass her team could be. Nice just nice.
A big time shout out for the Memphis coach--she never gave in --played hard, competed, as well as possible with a limited bench...She coached past the final buzzer!! You have to give praise to this kind of woman..

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Tough call, because all four were just so bad-ass today. I picked Lou, for coming back strong despite a foot that could not possibly be feeling good, and for still dropping 17 despite a three-ball that wasn't quite there for her today. Well done!
Did you notice how red her left eyeball was. I think this might be affecting her long range shooting with maybe some blurriness.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom