Kibitzer Bad-Ass Award - UCONN vs. ECU | The Boneyard

Kibitzer Bad-Ass Award - UCONN vs. ECU

Who should be the Bad-Ass for this game??

• Azura - "Only" 8 points but 16 boards, 4 assists, and 5 blocks!

• KLS - Another NPOY worthy performance - 19 points, 9 assists, 5 boards, 3 steals

• Gabby - in only 23 minutes, 18 points on 8/9 shooting and 7 boards

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
wanted to vote for Z for her great improvement and complete buy-in into the system, but had to vote for Lou who was all over the court; could easily have been Gabby.

Really wanted to vote for Meg, for that amazing turn-around jumper, but she'll win a couple dozen of these in the next 3 years.....

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Last year's shooter is this year's complete player. Her overall defense was excellent including 3 steals. She rebounded well with 5. She was an an excellent teammate with 9 assists. Oh yeah, she scored well with 19 points.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just my $.02 - I think Lou is cementing herself as a 1st team AA this year. If teams can only have 3 players max, I worry that Gabby will be left off in favor of Kia. At this time, I'm not even sure Collier would make a 10 player AA team. I do think Kia would/should at this point... which would give UCONN 2 players. Still plenty of games to be played, but I think Kia and Napheesa both need to get their PPG average up closer to 17 PPG for year end consideration...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just my $.02 - I think Lou is cementing herself as a 1st team AA this year. If teams can only have 3 players max, I worry that Gabby will be left off in favor of Kia. At this time, I'm not even sure Collier would make a 10 player AA team. I do think Kia would/should at this point... which would give UCONN 2 players. Still plenty of games to be played, but I think Kia and Napheesa both need to get their PPG average up closer to 17 PPG for year end consideration...
I'm fairly confident that if UConn runs the table this season, they will have three 1st team AA's, but which three? By the end of the season, it could come down to Lou, Pheesa, Gabby, Kia, Danger & Z. I really hope that Kia is one of the three simply because that will earn her a spot on the HOH, joining Lou, Pheesa and Gabby who have already earned that honor.

Reaction Score
Much tougher than usual to pick a winner. SNY picked co-players of the game: Lou & Gabby. Gonna go with Lou as the Badass today, but I could easily be persuaded that Gabby was more deserving.

I feel much the same way. Gabby always plays badass but these votes tend to be more aligned with MOP and on that basis I will pick Lou.

HGN

Reaction Score
I'm fairly confident that if UConn runs the table this season, they will have three 1st team AA's, but which three? By the end of the season, it could come down to Lou, Pheesa, Gabby, Kia, Danger & Z. I really hope that Kia is one of the three simply because that will earn her a spot on the HOH, joining Lou, Pheesa and Gabby who have already earned that honor.
Oldude, I totally agree with your comments. I would love to see Kia make 1st Team AA. I think her early season play has put her name in the AA conversations.
Now she just has to keep it up. My early UConn AA nominees would be Lou , Kia , and Phessa or Gabby. With Danger winning Nancy Lieberman , and Z making AA 2nd Team. Unfortunately , UConn can only nominate 3 players but certainly has more that are deserving.

GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
There was one drive that Lou did that I thought was the best I had ever seen from her.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Just finished watching the replay as I had to work today.
What a game by the Huskies! (again)
My vote went to Gabby "She's Everywhere" Williams.
Lou was great, as well, but the save Gabby made in Q3 was just ridiculous!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
KLS, the offense was not running at all when she sat out in the second quarter.

Reaction Score
This will not fly well here I know but I have to keep it real. ;) A 61 point beat down in the OP's words (no attack).
I find the BA of the game to be Alex Frazier. 29 minutes, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and 8 points. No quitter in a David and Goliath situation.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This will not fly well here I know but I have to keep it real. ;) A 61 point beat down in the OP's words (no attack).
I find the BA of the game to be Alex Frazier. 29 minutes, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and 8 points. No quitter in a David and Goliath situation.
We've had a few opponents play us tough and effectively. She was another one.

Reaction Score
Thank you. While I would be reluctant to give Frazier BA, she really showed toughness out there. Easy--very easy--to lose heart in what reasonably must have been seen as a no-win situation. Credit Frazier, and ECU. They kept playing hard, right up to the last possession. That speaks well of the team and the sport.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"It's hard for us sometimes to run offense without (Samuelson) on the floor because she makes the most shots, and she's our best passer," coach Geno Auriemma said. No. 1 UConn women stay perfect, rout ECU, 96-35

Hmmmm ... I think I found my vote.

In the interest of complete disclosure, Geno's next sentence, found in a different paper: "And it's hard for us to play without Gabby on the floor because how much she creates at both ends.” UConn Women Defeat East Carolina 96-35 Behind Another Dominant Performance By Gabby Williams

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Katie Lou "Bird" Samuelson. Note the "Bird" can be Sue or Larry.

12 assists and 14 rebounds in the past 2 games. The soon to be official "Rebounding" "3 Point shooting" and "FT Shooting" Samuelson!!....although I love all three of them.:cool:

Sam Fam stats(Career) through today's game
Rebounds Karlie - 357; Lou 306; Bonnie 195
3 Pt baskets made Karlie 249; Bonnie 237; Lou 220
FT's Made Bonnie 195; Karlie 179; Lou 173
Points Lou 1309; Karlie 1164; Bonnie 952

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Katie Lou "Bird" Samuelson. Note the "Bird" can be Sue or Larry.

12 assists and 14 rebounds in the past 2 games. The soon to be official "Rebounding" "3 Point shooting" and "FT Shooting" Samuelson!!....although I love all three of them.:cool:

Sam Fam stats(Career) through today's game
Rebounds Karlie - 357; Lou 306; Bonnie 195
3 Pt baskets made Karlie 249; Bonnie 237; Lou 220
FT's Made Bonnie 195; Karlie 179; Lou 173
Points Lou 1309; Karlie 1164; Bonnie 952
Good stuff. It appears that before the end of the season, UConn will have the "Rebounding Samuelson." :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom