Kiah's 5 minutes | The Boneyard

Kiah's 5 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Before the tournament began, Geno said something to the effect that a key to UConn's success would be how Kiah plays. Last night against KY, though, she only played 5 minutes, during which she got 3 rebounds. Anyone have any insight into why she didn't play more? Most likely related to her effort in recent practices?

Reaction Score
I am sure that others will have a better answer but I think that Stef was playing well and we played a lot of zone defense in the second half. I don't think that Kiah has been comfortable in that defensive scheme.

Reaction Score
In the post game confrence Geno said he asked her if she had "it" and she said yes in a way that was far from convincing. It probably also had something to do with having to handle the ball against such pressure and Dolson is far better at that. All in all it was part matchup and a little bit of a freshman being nervous.

Reaction Score
Before the tournament began, Geno said something to the effect that a key to UConn's success would be how Kiah plays. Last night against KY, though, she only played 5 minutes, during which she got 3 rebounds. Anyone have any insight into why she didn't play more? Most likely related to her effort in recent practices?

Geno said she Kiah wasn't confident in her ability to deal with Kentucky's pressure effectively on offense. She will play a bigger role in Denver, although maybe not quite as large as some have been expecting.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno said she Kiah wasn't confident in her ability to deal with Kentucky's pressure effectively on offense. She will play a bigger role in Denver, although maybe not quite as large as some have been expecting.
Makes sense. It seemed as if the offensive side of the ball was the problem. Stef helped against the press and was central to the halfcourt offense. Her role was key.

I think it's good that Kiah could be honest in her assessment. I hope her assessment changes for next year.

Reaction Score
No knock on Kiah, she will get there. Think about what is being asked of a freshman on the big stage, one that could mean the end of the line for the year. She did well while she was in there and that will help to build confidence. I'm not worried about her.

U

UCONNfan1

I actually had a chance to catch the game and i can tell you that girl is going to be very good. Not Tina Charles good, mind you, but the thing she has that most players her size don't is a WNBA body. She reminds me a bit of Dev Peters - bout the same height, size, and athleticism.

I know it's not the end of the season yet but it's hard not to look ahead at the incredible size, skill and talent UCONN will have in the post next year. Dolson, Stokes, Stewart, Tuck, Buck and Johnson. i get that Stewart and Tuck seem to have the ability to step out and play the 3 as well. A-maaazing...

Reaction Score
I actually had a chance to catch the game and i can tell you that girl is going to be very good. Not Tina Charles good, mind you, but the thing she has that most players her size don't is a WNBA body. She reminds me a bit of Dev Peters - bout the same height, size, and athleticism.

I know it's not the end of the season yet but it's hard not to look ahead at the incredible size, skill and talent UCONN will have in the post next year. Dolson, Stokes, Stewart, Tuck, Buck and Johnson. i get that Stewart and Tuck seem to have the ability to step out and play the 3 as well. A-maaazing...
IMO-With the offensive sets we were running which had the center handle the ball on just about all the possessions, didn't work to her strengths. Stef is one of the best at down low back cut passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom