Kiah Stokes with 20 and 18 over the weekend | The Boneyard

Kiah Stokes with 20 and 18 over the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Hip seems fine. Her team is undefeated since she joined. Just hope she learns to translate this to the Libs next season.

CzZqoRJXUAEBbYD.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She's playing with Harding and Zellous, who are pretty decent. Shavonte is her Liberty teammate now.

Kiah Irene Stokes. Irene? I never knew! KIS! ;)

In yesterday's game, Morgan and Bob Joyce said that Pheesa has long arms like Kiah Stokes, but not the body of Kiah.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
She's playing with Harding and Zellous, who are pretty decent. Shavonte is her Liberty teammate now.

Kiah Irene Stokes. Irene? I never knew! KIS! ;)

In yesterday's game, Morgan and Bob Joyce said that Pheesa has long arms like Kiah Stokes, but not the body of Kiah.

Precious few do!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Be honest - who knew her middle name was Irene? Certainly not me. Another interesting factoid - only 1 foul. Impressive as she's a post defender constantly trying to block shots and stop driving guards. I look forward to seeing her maturation as a pro - possibly more than any other Husky out there at the moment.

Not sure how many games she started at UCONN, but she didn't start too many her senior year. For a 6th player to be as good as she is as a pro - so amazing. The only other 6th "man" I can think of who had a real pro impact was Ashley Battle. Maybe Ketia Swanier as well? I think Kia ends up being the best of the bunch...

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Not sure how many games she started at UCONN, but she didn't start too many her senior year.

She started games in her senior year up until the Stanford game (we know how that turned out, gulp). Next time she started, I think, was the senior game. So yes, Eric. Really impressive. In my one, 20-second conversation with her, she said early on, when she was in the dog house, she came extremely close to quitting to play volleyball --- but she didn't quit and now she is a pro living out her dream. She never game up. It is a big reason why I am such a Kiah Irene Stokes fan.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
While she didn't start much at Uconn, she was an essential part of the rotation her last two years. I think we are all guilty of looking at minutes and starts as a fundamental evaluation of players, but good coaches and good evaluators see beyond those numbers. The first to make a name for himself doing so was Red Auerbach with John Havelcheck (Sp I know!) - I think that was the beginning of looking at a basketball team as a 6 player unit and not 5 - it took a number of years before it was formalized in the '6th player' awards.

And love him or hate him Trader Bill is a good coach and a very good evaluator of talent. He saw what Kiah offered and gave up more than people thought he should have to grab her in the draft.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Hip seems fine. Her team is undefeated since she joined. Just hope she learns to translate this to the Libs next season.

CzZqoRJXUAEBbYD.jpg
That's my girl!

Thanks for posting this!

Reaction Score
I always wondered about her lack of offensive output at UConn. Yeah, she scored occasionally and made it look easy in the process but it always seemed as if she was holding back. And then the draft happens and lo, a veritable scoring machine emerges...kind of like it was always there. Was this a clash of wills that Geno actually lost?

Reaction Score
I always wondered about her lack of offensive output at UConn. Yeah, she scored occasionally and made it look easy in the process but it always seemed as if she was holding back. And then the draft happens and lo, a veritable scoring machine emerges...kind of like it was always there. Was this a clash of wills that Geno actually lost?
Kiah was a scorer in HS. There was lots talk of her transferring--her daddy told the Iowa press--Kiah won't transfer. Her choice or his??

Reaction Score
There was always something ridiculously endearing about Stokes, so it warms my heart a bit to see her doing well at the WNBA level / international pro level. I always wondered if she'd have a little bit more scoring success after UConn and I think I've gotten my answer! I'm glad she's doing well - she deserves the best and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom