Kiah Stokes waived by Liberty | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kiah Stokes waived by Liberty

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Why would they expand and lose more money than they lose now?
It's always amazing to me how many people have access to each team's yearly financials.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I’m not talking about stats. The issue is that a league which can’t field 12 competitive teams shouldn’t be thinking about adding two more. Having three instead of one that lose almost all their games doesn’t enhance the product.

The WNBA shouldn't expand because Tamika Catchings is a bad GM? :confused:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
transactions (not a rumor) for June 30 from the wnba.com

New York Liberty: Kiah Stokes – Waived
New York Liberty: Kiah Stokes – Contract Amendment – Divorce

I don't know what that second one means in official CBA parlance so I left it as "personal reasons". If someone has deeper understanding of the technical meaning wrt CBA perhaps they could shed light.

Nonetheless if she was dressed and on the bench last night then my conjecture about not being available rest of the season is obviously wrong.
Divorce agreement is WNBA's weird terminology for a buyout. Stokes and the Liberty agreed to a buyout.

She doesn't fit the Liberty's style of play and does fit Laimbeer's. Makes sense for all parties

Reaction Score
Why does the WNBA insist on using their own weird terminology for things? Is the WNBA really that much different than other leagues to warrant their own lexicon?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom