Kiah Stokes Sensational | The Boneyard

Kiah Stokes Sensational

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone watching the game vs LA?

I missed 1t s quarter but start of 2nd qtr score tied 14-14 - announcers were speaking of LA getting nothing inside. Sometime thereafter an unreal sensational block ten ofc another sensational block a short time later.

One play the LA pt guard comes down the gut wide open floater except Stokes is around the area - she was close by but not real close but she was in the paint.. The guard barley hit the rim. Intimidation!

Then on offense NY Liberty player misses ft, somehow Stokes was boxed out but got her hands above up and tipped the ball in over the defender in front of her. Just wow.

And all this not to mention I started watching start of 2nd qtr - Stokes was in - she played entire 2nd qtr I believe. Liberty up by 7. And LA getting NOTHING in the paint.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Stokes was tied for most made FG's... with Tina (4)

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Twice tonight she actually dribbled the ball to try to get a shot instead of immediately passing and screening. She missed them both but that is progress. She also hit an outside jumper and missed a point blank layup. Just like last night, she got some key rebounds and made free throws at the end of the game.

Only thing that bothered me about her performance is that a few times she was wide open just above the FT line. You could see that shooting was the farthest thing from her mind. Might make it easier for to get the ball into the post if she shoots it once in a while.

Her defense was great as usual especially with that play guarding Kristi Toliver at the end.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tina had 14 and 14 in 29 minutes.

Kiah had 9 and 9, plus 3 blocks and 2 steals, in a team-high 33 minutes.

N.Y. shot only 26%, but they got a win by holding L.A. to 32%--and making lots of FTs.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
A very solid game and her +9 was second on the team.
She's stopping some of the best scorers on the opposition, rebounding, blocking
and increasingly looking for her shot
"Who could ask for anything more?"

Was on the floor longer than any other Lib.
See, Geno had a plan...save her for the W. :)

Reaction Score
Twice tonight she actually dribbled the ball to try to get a shot instead of immediately passing and screening. She missed them both but that is progress. She also hit an outside jumper and missed a point blank layup. Just like last night, she got some key rebounds and made free throws at the end of the game.

Only thing that bothered me about her performance is that a few times she was wide open just above the FT line. You could see that shooting was the farthest thing from her mind. Might make it easier for to get the ball into the post if she shoots it once in a while.

Her defense was great as usual especially with that play guarding Kristi Toliver at the end.

That foul line shot Stokes actually took while at UConn and made it. But with Lambeer she'll be looking to take that shot, her game mentality is changing.

Reaction Score
When I looked for the game on NBATV I found a notice that said that, due to
contractual obligations, the game was blacked out in my area (Middletown).
I can't think why, since it was an away game. :(

Reaction Score
When I looked for the game on NBATV I found a notice that said that, due to
contractual obligations, the game was blacked out in my area (Middletown).
I can't think why, since it was an away game. :(

The game was broadcast on MSG network which is carried by Comcast and other cable outlets in Middleton, thus the black out

Reaction Score
The game was broadcast on MSG network which is carried by Comcast and other cable outlets in Middleton, thus the black out

Alas, MSG is no longer carried on COMCAST Middletown. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman