Kiah Stokes alert | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kiah Stokes alert

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yep- no one thought Mo could be the just-post-college participant in 2016, but a number of us looks forward to Moriah on Team USA in 2020, if not 2018.
Well, maybe Mo thought she could/should be on the team. When Team USA practiced at UConn, Mo was a focused observer. I'm sure she was trying to learn, but I wonder if she thought something like "I can take her off the dribble" or "I'd take that pass the other way for a layup." Mo's post-UConn career is off to a great start. She's a unique talent.

Reaction Score
There was a terrorist attack in Turkey this weekend. I don't like Kiah being there.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
There was a terrorist attack in Turkey this weekend. I don't like Kiah being there.
I dont like Boneyarders being there... I mentioned this in the past and a few thought it would never become like that

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah, Turkey has been a mess politically for a couple of years and especially since the coup attempt. A lot of historically disparate elements of their society boiling over.
Unfortunately, for women's ballers it is one of the better run and most lucrative leagues. Hope they all remain safe throughout the season.

And there are no guarantees anywhere in the world at this point, including places like Orlando.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
FWIW, I was chatting on Twitter with folks. According to the AP, Kiah and MoJeff are safe. Others have said no WNBA players were in that club. I was more than a little nervous because Kiah, Shavonte Zeallous and Lindsey Harding play for Bestikas. The club was in Bestikas so in theory that could have been a NYE option for them. I guess one is really a fan when you freak out when you think they might be in harm's way.

Article on ESPN says all WNBA players are accounted for and safe.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kiah's latest game was a good one, 20 points(7 for 8 shooting), 11 rebounds, 6 for 7
at the foul line, no blocks in a 71-65 win. Kiah's team is now 6-2 with her in the lineup.
They were 0-4 without her.

Very nice offensive game for Kiah. It would be nice to see here come back to the
Liberty with an improved offensive game.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Kiah's latest game was a good one, 20 points(7 for 8 shooting), 11 rebounds, 6 for 7
at the foul line, no blocks in a 71-65 win. Kiah's team is now 6-2 with her in the lineup.
They were 0-4 without her.

Very nice offensive game for Kiah. It would be nice to see here come back to the

Watch the game

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Been waiting for that for a number of years at Uconn and in the W. I just don't see it happening in the upper reaches of competition - I think she will always be a secondary option on the Liberty - picking up half or more of her points on offensive rebounds. Not that big a deal - her strength is her defense and what offense she provides has always been gravy. Some people only look at the points scored to rate players, smart people look at the points no scored at the other end as just as important.

Reaction Score
Kiah is a great shooter. I've watched her in warmups at WNBA games.

She needs me to coach her to go to the next level...

Reaction Score
Kiah continues to play well, on 1/15 her team won 78-73, they are now 7-2 with
Kiah in the lineup. She had 18 points(8-14), 2-2 FT's, 12 rebounds, 2 blocks and
3 steals. Usually when she plays, they do well.

She is averaging a double double with 12.6 points, with 15.5 rebounds per
game.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Kiah continues to play well, on 1/15 her team won 78-73, they are now 7-2 with
Kiah in the lineup. She had 18 points(8-14), 2-2 FT's, 12 rebounds, 2 blocks and
3 steals. Usually when she plays, they do well.

She is averaging a double double with 12.6 points, with 15.5 rebounds per
game.
Thanks for your updates, mrmojack.

Reaction Score
Too close of a call for my liking.

upload_2017-1-23_20-45-3.png

Kiah Stokes celebrated New Year’s Eve at a nightclub in Istanbul, where she plays basketball for Besiktas of the Turkish league. But a night of revelry turned alarming when club employees told patrons they had to shut down early for security reasons.

As Stokes and her friends left the building, they saw closed-off roads. They cautiously walked for about 10 minutes before finding a taxi to take them home, not knowing that a gunman had killed 39 people at another club down the street and was still at large.

“You don’t think something can happen,” said Stokes, who, in September, finished her second season with the Liberty of the W.N.B.A. “Now I’m like, ‘Wow, this is just scary.’”

Players like Stokes have long packed up after the W.N.B.A. season and spent their winters abroad, competing with teams that offer larger paychecks than the women can earn in the American league.

[MORE]

Reaction Score
1/28 Kiah's latest game stats: 16 points, 15 rebounds and 1 block in a 82-76 loss. Kiah's team is now 8-3 with
her in the lineup.

Reaction Score
Shocking. I never knew this woman was so talented. Seriously, can we convince her parents into having another baby girl?
Kiah was very talented in HS won numerous awards in Iowa. She was a good to better scorer in HS. She has a very very strong will--when she sets her mind to not scoring or scoring she shall doe either as her will dictates. We have seen both. Go Kiah light up the world stage and let the know what they missed!!!

Reaction Score
On 2/4 Kiah's team took a second consecutive loss for the first time with her in the lineup 56-61. Kiah had
6 points 2-7 shooting, 17 rebounds 1 block and 2 TO's. That was not her best offensive game. She did play
38 minutes. The team was 8-2 prior to these back to back losses. They only play one game a week, so they
have some time to correct their offensive output. Kiah's 2 for 7 shooting was not her normal game. It appears
that they need her best offensive effort to continue to win games.

As a side note, Avery Warley had 10 points and 11 rebounds for the winners. Warley, a post player was cut last
year by Kiah's NY Liberty.

The NY Liberty acquired center Kia Vaughn and guard Bria Hartley in a 3 team trade. The Liberty sent center
Carolyn Swords to Seattle to play with Stewie, KML and Bird. Also, Steph Dolson traded to Chicago in the EDD trade.
The Washington Mystics traded away two Uconn girls, Hartley and Dolson to get EDD.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
If you follow Coach Rookie on Twitter, he/she posts links to watch her games live. I saw the one yesterday morning. Not one of her best outings on the offensive side missing lots of layups and being hesitant to shoot when she was wide open on the foul line. In one case, she made a bad pass down low when she had the ball with no one around her. However, she has been consistently good this season. She is still leading the league in blocks and rebounds per game. Just had a bad night. Big game coming up for her team. They face one of the top teams next week, where she will match up against Jantel Lavender.

Reaction Score
2/12 Kiah's team pulled of a big upset beating first place Fenerbahce 62-60. Kiah had 13 points 5-7 shooting,
3-3 in free throws, 13 rebounds and 1 block. That's a double double. Her team has just lost two straight games
and this was a big win for them.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
2/12 Kiah's team pulled of a big upset beating first place Fenerbahce 62-60. Kiah had 13 points 5-7 shooting,
3-3 in free throws, 13 rebounds and 1 block. That's a double double. Her team has just lost two straight games
and this was a big win for them.
Watch it below:

Reaction Score
2/18 Kiah's team lost 61-64, their 3rd loss in the last 4 games. Kiah had 14 points (4-12 shooting), 6-8 at the
foul line and had 18 rebounds in the loss. Her team now has a record of 9-9 and slipping down the standings.

Reaction Score
2/26 Kiah's latest game was a nice 75-67 win after losing the last 3 out of 4 games. Kiah had 13 points (5-7 shooting)
3-3 foul shots and 10 rebounds in the win. She is averaging a double double in the league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom