Kiah [short article] | The Boneyard

Kiah [short article]

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Excellent to hear. She will continue to be critical to UConn's success, and it's great to see she's keeping a positive attitude through the challenges of adjusting to the life of a student-athlete at the college level.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Very good to hear indeed. It doesn't sound like Kiah will be going anywhere soon. I am glad she loves being at UConn and understands Geno's approach to challenging them and putting expectations and pressure on them. One could almost hear a subtext of, "He yells at everyone, he doesn't mean anything personal by it."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The fact that it is a quote from only two days ago is encouraging. Kiah's father was a pro athlete, and her mother is an MD. She has a chance to be both. Over Christmas, Greg may help Kiah to see where Geno is coming from. Kiah seems like a very sweet kid, not unlike Tina Charles.

Early on, Geno said some really nice things about both Kiah and Brianna. Both are very talented. They just need to dig a little deeper, as was the case with many past Huskies.

Reaction Score
Iowa’s all-time high-school leader in blocked shots, she is tops on the UConn roster with 14 this season. She is averaging 3.7 points and 3.5 rebounds per game.

I'm ashamed; had to read an article from Iowa to know this.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Glad everyone enjoyed the article.

I was surprised that no one quoted the part where Kiah said "Practice is kind of release for me." We all know how Geno has mentioned BBanks and Kiah as not having quite as much intensity in practices as he would like, not always being able to finish strong, getting tired out, etc. If Kiah is giving it to us straight in this article, it sounds more like she's tired from adjusting to the general rigors of life as a student athlete at a top program rather than from the practices per se. (And she did get a 3.5 her first semester, which is not a bit shabby.) It's possible that after re-charging a bit over break, and having a little better hang of it after finishing a semester, she may find ways to keep her energy a little better in the spring semester. I have my fingers crossed :cool:

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Glad everyone enjoyed the article.

I was surprised that no one quoted the part where Kiah said "Practice is kind of release for me." We all know how Geno has mentioned BBanks and Kiah as not having quite as much intensity in practices as he would like, not always being able to finish strong, getting tired out, etc. If Kiah is giving it to us straight in this article, it sounds more like she's tired from adjusting to the general rigors of life as a student athlete at a top program rather than from the practices per se. (And she did get a 3.5 her first semester, which is not a bit shabby.) It's possible that after re-charging a bit over break, and having a little better hang of it after finishing a semester, she may find ways to keep her energy a little better in the spring semester. I have my fingers crossed :cool:

Thanks for the article and for sure, 3.5 is Maya-like!:)

Reaction Score
If she does have an MD in mind, which would be great for her and the program, then not only is she a student-athlete, but she is a student in a very rigorous and highly competitive academic program right from day 1, as well as a member of an obviously very rigorous and competitive athletic team. This would be an amazing double for her to pull off, and I hope she can excel at academics and athletics and achieve the MD following graduation and a couple (at least 3 would be nice) of NCs before graduation!

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this article. Glad Kiah is happy here since we really need her now. I still she think Kiah and BB can make contributions this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom