Kia Wants To Build The Invasion Force From North | The Boneyard

Kia Wants To Build The Invasion Force From North

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Now, Kia Nurse wants other young girls to have the same opportunity. The 22-year-old from Hamilton, Ont., recently announced the formation of Kia Nurse Elite, her own Nike-backed AAU program that will play on the Elite Youth Basketball League (EYBL) circuit in the U.S. starting this summer.

"It's something we've talked about for a really long time, me and my family," Nurse said. "(Canada Drive) was a big part of my ability, and a lot of my teammates' ability to be recruited and be seen by schools in the states, to play down there. So me and my family talked about what I wanted to do with my legacy, and how I could help build a program."

There are still details to firm up. But the plan is to virtually mimic elite Canadian boys programs such as Toronto-based CIA Bounce. Her program will have U15 and U17 teams to start."

For me and this team, they'll probably have these same kind of advantages in terms of those Nike tournaments, on the girls side," Nurse said. "We don't have any Canadian women's Nike teams or EYBL teams at all that go to the states to play in those tournaments. This is the first one."

Canada's Nurse wants to give young girls opportunity to play at highest level

She is the face of woman's sports in Canada. Should draw a lot of talented kids.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Now, Kia Nurse wants other young girls to have the same opportunity. The 22-year-old from Hamilton, Ont., recently announced the formation of Kia Nurse Elite, her own Nike-backed AAU program that will play on the Elite Youth Basketball League (EYBL) circuit in the U.S. starting this summer.

"It's something we've talked about for a really long time, me and my family," Nurse said. "(Canada Drive) was a big part of my ability, and a lot of my teammates' ability to be recruited and be seen by schools in the states, to play down there. So me and my family talked about what I wanted to do with my legacy, and how I could help build a program."

There are still details to firm up. But the plan is to virtually mimic elite Canadian boys programs such as Toronto-based CIA Bounce. Her program will have U15 and U17 teams to start."

For me and this team, they'll probably have these same kind of advantages in terms of those Nike tournaments, on the girls side," Nurse said. "We don't have any Canadian women's Nike teams or EYBL teams at all that go to the states to play in those tournaments. This is the first one."

Canada's Nurse wants to give young girls opportunity to play at highest level

She is the face of woman's sports in Canada. Should draw a lot of talented kids.
What a gal! Go Kia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom