Kia Stokes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kia Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Just watched the replay of the first half
Kiah had the ball in the high post several times, her defender nowhere in sight (well backing off)
and she looked to pass.
She has to rumble straight to the hoop in that situ.
Scare the heck out of a whole lot of defenders.
Open up the court for everyone else.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Kiah had the ball in the high post several times, her defender nowhere in sight (well backing off)
and she looked to pass.
yeah UConn could have used those 2 pts

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Gotta agree with msf, DC. It's a mindset and Kiah is a big, strong body that could dominate the paint if she could just think, "Can I get to the hoop?" before passing. We need her to step up next year and this year is a great time to start thinking 'score first'.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Gotta agree with msf, DC. It's a mindset and Kiah is a big, strong body that could dominate the paint if she could just think, "Can I get to the hoop?" before passing. We need her to step up next year and this year is a great time to start thinking 'score first'.
I think she's really stuck on setting picks and handing the ball off... running whatever play is called. if she tries to do her "own thing" and dribble from the high post into the paint and that ball rolls off her foot... doghouse would be her next move (unless Geno encourages her to do so, who knows)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kiah will be drafted in the 1st round of next years WNBA draft. Heck, IMHO she would be drafted in the 1st round of this years WNBA draft. I'm probably being biased, but I'd take Kiah over Elizabeth Williams of Duke if I was a WNBA GM. IMHO Kiah has more upside potential.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Kiah will be drafted in the 1st round of next years WNBA draft. Heck, IMHO she would be drafted in the 1st round of this years WNBA draft. I'm probably being biased, but I'd take Kiah over Elizabeth Williams of Duke if I was a WNBA GM. IMHO Kiah has more upside potential.
I agree... she doesn't have to score another point (not really) and she'll be drafted

Reaction Score
and she looked to pass.

Really do think she has it in her to be an offensive threat... it will be interesting to see how she develops next year with starter minutes for the whole season. She could be a really monster on both ends of the court by the end of her senior year.

Reaction Score

My point exactly!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Some people only look at scoring.

Kia is as good a rebounder as there is in the country.

She averages 1 rebound every 2.6 minutes.

Better than Dolson.
Better than Stewart.
Better than Chiney.

Kia is as good a shot blocker as there is in the country.

?

She averages 1 rebound every 7.6 minutes.

Better than Dolson.
Better than Stewart.

Leading shot blocker Hamson BYU - 122 blocks, 1 rb every 7.3.

Her potential is AA.

Great stats, now name me an AllAmerican that did not score double digits?
Scoring is the other half of the game.

Reaction Score
and she looked to pass.
I agree with you...it's all about confidence. But I think, one step at a time, it's beginning to happen for her.

I've been one of the posters (whiners) who, while supportive of Kiah, have been calling for her to play with much more aggression, more 'tude. I really began to see that happening Monday, especially with some of her more ferocious rebounds. Maybe she's beginning to acquire the level of confidence required to be more aggressive offensively too...let's hope so.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Great stats, now name me an AllAmerican that did not score double digits?
Scoring is the other half of the game.
Give her more minutes and she will.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I agree with you...it's all about confidence. But I think, one step at a time, it's beginning to happen for her.

I've been one of the posters (whiners) who, while supportive of Kiah, have been calling for her to play with much more aggression, more 'tude. I really began to see that happening Monday, especially with some of her more ferocious rebounds. Maybe she's beginning to acquire the level of confidence required to be more aggressive offensively too...let's hope so.

They'll surely give her a note in the film session.
She could either take a foul-line jumper or my suggestion smash right in
(I keep thinking of Phil Sheridan; Smash em up, smash em up).
should be a potent weapon next season

Reaction Score
I don't think it is necessarily the two points that UCONN needed. Maybe Kiah should look to score when the opportunity presents itself. Next year it might help to have her as more of an offensive threat. It certainly couldn't hurt. :)

54 TO GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits