Kia Nurse Makes Final Roster for Canada's Sr Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse Makes Final Roster for Canada's Sr Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Trying to get to the bottom of this discussion and shed some light on it, so to speak, I went to the satellite view. Every member of the squad looks rather elliptical and all appear to be about the same size in reality.

Reaction Score
Trying to get to the bottom of this discussion and shed some light on it, so to speak, I went to the satellite view. Every member of the squad looks rather elliptical and all appear to be about the same size in reality.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
What's funny is (If you look at the entire Team Canada picture) the heights get more confusing. Even though the front players are on their knees Nurse looks taller than Nirra Fields, yet Fields is listed at 6'2-1/5" . Strange. Is there that big a disparity in their bodies from the knees to the feet?

http://www.basketball.ca/senior-women-s15142

Shorter trunks and longer legs...it's possible.....

G

genosguy

I know Boneyarders don't quibble about height, but UCONN lists Kia as 6' and the Canadian roster has her at 5'10". Those Canadian practices must be tough to pound her down 2".
Uconn WBB must have been using Metric measurements too---over the years a number of players have had their short or tall stature increased on the rosters---is Jefferson really 5 ft 7 inches?? Chong 5 ft 8 inches??

G

genosguy

I think I read... since conversion to the metric system, Canadian kids are discouraged from using feet.
View attachment 6843
Exactly when did Canada convert to the Metric system?? When I was there in 1939 gas and beer and milk and all liquids I could buy were sold using the Metric system. Distances in Kilometers. Did they really measure basketball players in feet and Inches I never had an opportunity to ask my cousins--the subject never came up. So , when did they stop using feet and inches?? (except for WBB players that is)

G

genosguy

You get taller as you move towards the equator.
So why are all the Peruvian natives so short?? Is it compressing some, elongating others (usually those from the USA)

G

genosguy

But if the measuring tape stretches too, you actually get shorter, ha!:eek:
Einstein said : If you pull the tape out of it's case at the speed of light the height of the WBB player will increase, and so will her weight ---that's why USA does not use the Einstein measuring methods.

G

genosguy

But if the measuring tape stretches too, you actually get shorter, ha!:eek:
Einstein said : If you pull the tape out of it's case at the speed of light the height of the WBB player will increase, and so will her weight ---that's why USA does not use the Einstein measuring methods.
given the currency exchange rate , 5'10" CDN is really 6'0" USA
Just think of this was in the mid /90's ---all USA players would be 40 percent larger or in the 1950's the Canadian would be laughing at those small American's (again),

Reaction Score
Exactly when did Canada convert to the Metric system?? When I was there in 1939 gas and beer and milk and all liquids I could buy were sold using the Metric system. Distances in Kilometers. Did they really measure basketball players in feet and Inches I never had an opportunity to ask my cousins--the subject never came up. So , when did they stop using feet and inches?? (except for WBB players that is)

Officially converted to the metric system in the 1970's.

Reaction Score
...and so will her age, relative to the age of everyone not traveling the speed of light.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Ah, I thought…Just off the Dreamliner to Beijing and this foggy morning, I imagined an edifying discussion of the virtues
of Kia Nurse; 37 posts in length.

And his is what i get?

:)

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Exactly when did Canada convert to the Metric system?? When I was there in 1939...
Officially converted to the metric system in the 1970's.
-genosguy: Thanks, Sir - interesting insight. My experience visiting defense manufacturing sites there is very limited, but enough to begin appreciating it must have been vastly different indeed then, rapidly transitioning industry as a nation at war by 1939. Perhaps this CanadianEncyclopedia article will be of interest. It implies the initial 1871 attempt to implement metric failed to satisfactorily take hold... and so, as rvwsleep mentioned, they officially started all over again with 1970's legislation, that gradually phased in the current metric system throughout that decade. This article provides specific Phase-In implementation milestones errr.. kilometerstones (;)).
-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member