Kia Nurse and Megan Walker to Phoenix Mercury | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse and Megan Walker to Phoenix Mercury

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
A lot of shuffling happening in the W today!

That makes four Huskies in Phoenix -- Kia, Megan, Bria, and DT.

1612982153477.png

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

Of all the years to have the top two draft picks -- arguably the weakest draft in a loooooooong time.

Who goes?

I'd argue that Collier and Kuier are the two best players in the draft, but do they need two rookie bigs? Do they go with Collier and McDonald and let Kuier (who I think will have the better career) drop to three?

SO MANY THINGS!

Reaction Score
The Wings need a SF and a Center. KLS plays behind Sabally at the 4, so I think this is a good trade. If KLS cant find success at Seattle, I dont know what is in store for her career. Her career seems to be following in the footsteps of KML.

Reaction Score
cant believe storm exchange howard to liberty and get 1st draft pick 2021
who is the lucky one?

Sounds as though they did it under the gun, i.e., that both players demanded to be traded, or else....? NY sure didn't get much in return for two amazing talents.

Reaction Score
The Liberty become MUCH better right away with Howard, whom the Storm will have to replace with Ezi and DuPree, at least right away, and Lou instead of Sami, Not a bad trade off. The Liberty will miss Kia, but she'll be great behind those Phoenix guards. What Dallas can make of this year's first two picks isn't that clear. It's certainly a weaker draft than usual. Also, Seattle needs to save their money for Stewie and Jewell next season.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
The Wings need a SF and a Center. KLS plays behind Sabally at the 4, so I think this is a good trade. If KLS cant find success at Seattle, I dont know what is in store for her career. Her career seems to be following in the footsteps of KML.

Except Lou is much more mobile than KML and with the right offense, will do well. They didn't need a shooter in Chicago and she's not a 4.

Why do you think the Wings would need another (beyond either Collier or Kuier) C/F with Alarie, Ndour. and Sabally (I know Gustufson is there, too, but she's done less than Lou in her two years) on the roster? Unless there are more moves afoot...

Reaction Score
If Seattle kept a one dimensional wing on their team for so long, they will certainly have a need for Katie Lou who can do a bit more than just shoot three's.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Apparently Dallas is super jazzed at having the #1 and #2 picks, but unless someone surprising comes out early, it's not a very strong draft.

1​
Megan Walker Gone
98​
ConnecticutW6-1Monacan H.S. (VA)
2​
Evina Westbrook Maybe available?
98​
TennesseeG6-0South Salem H.S. (OR)
3​
Rellah Boothe Is she still playing?
98​
TexasF6-3IMG Academy (FL)
4​
Chasity Patterson ??
98​
TexasPG5-6North Shore H.S. (TX)
5​
Sidney Cooks ??
98​
Michigan StateF6-4Saint Joseph H.S. (WI)
6​
Chennedy Carter Gone
98​
Texas A&MPG5-7Timberview H.S. (TX)
7​
Anastasia Hayes Flourishing in mid-major
98​
TennesseePG5-7Riverdale H.S. (TN)
8​
Kiana Williams Solid but not great
98​
StanfordPG5-7Karen Wagner H.S. (TX)
9​
Dana Evans Probable #1 pick
98​
LouisvillePG5-6West Side H.S. (IN)
10​
Michaela Onyenwere really good player98UCLAW5-11

Reaction Score
KLS is nothing like KML. last season, KLS was always on the floor during crunch time for Dallas. KLS is having a great season in Spain. Her team has a good chance in meeting Stewie’s all WNBA 1st team in the EuroLeague Championship. I think KLS will be a great fit in Seattle. You have to guard all of Seattle’s players. Stewie is Stewie. So she may draw doubles often. I’m just glad I don’t have to tune into Wings games anymore

Reaction Score
As a Mercury fan I’m excited. That’s 4 of my favorite Huskies.

I do wonder if they are moving Griner. Dallas acquiring all those picks and being near her home would be an interesting destination. Just not sure I’d move her for picks in this draft.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
As a Mercury fan I’m excited. That’s 4 of my favorite Huskies.

I do wonder if they are moving Griner. Dallas acquiring all those picks and being near her home would be an interesting destination. Just not sure I’d move her for picks in this draft.
There is generic chatter on twitter about moving Griner, but I haven't seen anything detailed. Should be interesting.

Reaction Score
Now we just need to will a good team to bring Gabby in from the cold. I was hoping she would wind up in Seattle but that's out - almost anywhere except Vegas.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
There is generic chatter on twitter about moving Griner, but I haven't seen anything detailed. Should be interesting.

I wondered if there would be some bad blood after she left the Wubble and I'm amazed the reasoning hasn't been leaked.

Reaction Score
Apparently Dallas is super jazzed at having the #1 and #2 picks, but unless someone surprising comes out early, it's not a very strong draft.

Mock drafts I've seen have Charli Collier going #1.
Then a jumble with 6-4 player from Finland, Aari McDonald, Rennia Davis, Dana Evans, Guirantes in the mix.

Reaction Score
I wondered if there would be some bad blood after she left the Wubble and I'm amazed the reasoning hasn't been leaked.
Wasnt there something recently about mental health?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom