Kia Nurse Adjusting to WNBA, Life After UConn | The Boneyard

Kia Nurse Adjusting to WNBA, Life After UConn

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Kia Nurse Adjusting to WNBA, Life After UConn

Ha! HA! This writer has to get out and meet the people who to have support a family of four for much less than what WNBA players are receiving. Oh yeah and they have to work all year not 3-4 months. "For most players in the league, basketball becomes a year-round job because the WNBA doesn’t pay them enough to support themselves."

The entire process can be overwhelming for a rookie but luckily, Nurse has a mentor in fellow former UConn guard, Bria Hartley. “She’s a super woman,” Nurse said of Hartley. “She’s taken me aside, helped me off the court and helped me understand how to be a professional and how the overseas stuff works. She’s taken a hand in that helping me with that.”

“She’s definitely annoying when she’s guarding you. It frustrates a lot of teams, it gets them uncomfortable, and that’s what you want in a defender,” Hartley said. “She’s non-stop, definitely a hard worker, one of the hardest workers I’ve seen and when she goes out there she knows she can always rely on her defense.”

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom