Khalid is in the building | The Boneyard

Khalid is in the building

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score

Screenshot_20220917-133756_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20220917-133810_Instagram.jpg
Love seeing my favorite husky of all time back in Storrs. Hope the press takes note of his visit.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've always loved that guy in the white jacket.

When I looked up the saying "He was beside himself" in the dictionary, this .gif picture appeared.
Ha ha, you know he wants to keep yelling stuff but his self-preservation urge kicked in.

Reaction Score
I think the "Old field house" the poster is referring to is the old Fitzgerald Fieldhouse in Pittsburgh where that game was played. I wasn't there for that game but I did see UConn play there and it was one of the better college atmospheres I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
I think the "Old field house" the poster is referring to is the old Fitzgerald Fieldhouse in Pittsburgh where that game was played. I wasn't there for that game but I did see UConn play there and it was one of the better college atmospheres I've ever seen.
Yes my bad , that was confusing I guess
Fitzgerald Fieldhouse
I think I was one of maybe 10 UConn fans in that place
I had to contain myself as we made the comeback or I would have been mauled

Reaction Score
Fitzgerald Fieldhouse
You didn't do anything wrong.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think the "Old field house" the poster is referring to is the old Fitzgerald Fieldhouse in Pittsburgh
Or as Khalid called it in the moment that picture was taken “your raggedy ass gym.”

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Fitzgerald Fieldhouse
What a memory!

And I appreciate your clarification for the benefit of anybody who was confused, uncertain, or too young to remember it and has only heard of UConn's Greer Field House.

My parents met at Pitt. I was born in Pittsburgh. My dad was born in Hartford, and World War II interrupted his studies at UConn that began in 1939.

I was raised as a Pitt football fan and a UConn basketball fan, attending my first Husky games 60 years ago in what I'll always first think of as "the Field House."

My dad died in late December 1997, only seeing Khalid's earliest games. He was a quiet, steady guy who didn't generally take to bravado, but he instantly saw that KEA was special, and liked him a lot. I'm sorry that he never saw just how special, and never saw a UConn Final 4. I can only imagine what his reaction would be to a jump onto the scorer's table after an amazing win.

Reaction Score
Ha ha, you know he wants to keep yelling stuff but his self-preservation urge kicked in.
Totally! Dudes mouth was about to open and even the devil on his shoulder was like "...nope".

Reaction Score
What a memory!

And I appreciate your clarification for the benefit of anybody who was confused, uncertain, or too young to remember it and has only heard of UConn's Greer Field House.

My parents met at Pitt. I was born in Pittsburgh. My dad was born in Hartford, and World War II interrupted his studies at UConn that began in 1939.

I was raised as a Pitt football fan and a UConn basketball fan, attending my first Husky games 60 years ago in what I'll always first think of as "the Field House."

My dad died in late December 1997, only seeing Khalid's earliest games. He was a quiet, steady guy who didn't generally take to bravado, but he instantly saw that KEA was special, and liked him a lot. I'm sorry that he never saw just how special, and never saw a UConn Final 4. I can only imagine what his reaction would be to a jump onto the scorer's table after an amazing win.

I like to think your dad saw it perfectly. What’s heaven without the things you love?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I like to think your dad saw it perfectly. What’s heaven without the things you love?
That's a very nice thought that I'll enjoy sharing with my younger sister, to whom I send recruiting & other Boneyard links, and watch broadcasts & game-txt, including full-season WBB since Paige. Dad remains a presence throughout.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
KEA could break ankles without putting the ball on the floor.

Reaction Score
What a memory!

They gave KEA so much crap during that game…his reaction at the end was sooo perfect!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom