Khadim Sy article | The Boneyard

Khadim Sy article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
4-Star JUCO Center Khadim Sy Intersted in Pitt
Regardless of who he selects, don’t look for a decision to come anytime soon.

Sy said that for the most part, he’s put recruiting on the back-burner until the end of his college season. His only goal now is to help his Daytona team win a championship. He was very serious and passionate talking about that.

Only when his team’s season is finished will Sy start thinking about his next college home.

As far as that goes, it’s going to be very simple. Which school will he fit in with and which coach and team will best utilize his skills? Sy told PSN he loves it at Daytona and ideally would like to find a system that is similar to what he currently playing in, because he feels it’s bringing out the best in his game.

He made it very clear though that he wants it to be a good match for both parties. By that, he means he’d like to go to a place that has a real need for him so that he can help fill a hole but at the same time, find a place that will help get him to the next level.

Aside from Pitt, Sy didn’t want to get into any other specific schools that were recruiting him. He just said he’d start visiting schools and getting serious when his season was over. However, he did say that there’s a very good chance that Pitt will be a school that gets one of his visits.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Dave was a good kid who got an Ivy League degree and a Masters from UConn playing a sport no one ever bothered to teach him as a kid.
That’s an amazing achievement.
Absolutely. No disrespect to the kid. That's like, besides my point though.
I'm just hoping if we bring on a JUCO/low D1 transfer, that they have actual basketball skill. Although we may have no choice.
I trust Hurley to bring in the right guy though. I'm just legitimately curious where he fits on the scale of David Onuorah to like Shonn Miller in terms of a big man transfer (an offer from Pitt is a good sign, although they appear to be desperate).

Reaction Score
I'm just hoping if we bring on a JUCO/low D1 transfer, that they have actual basketball skill. Although we may have no choice.
I trust Hurley to bring in the right guy though. I'm just legitimately curious where he fits on the scale of David Onuorah to like Shonn Miller in terms of a big man transfer (an offer from Pitt is a good sign, although they appear to be desperate).

It's my understanding his game is not comparable to Onuorah or Miller. Believe he can hit 3s and such. Hopefully someone can confirm this cause I might be confusing him for another player

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Man, Shonn Miller was so damn good that year. You put him along side Carlton and this team has 3 more wins right now even with the injuries elsewhere. I wonder if he’s playing pro overseas or is using his Cornell/UConn degrees.

Edit: as of March last year he was in the GLeague with not that great stats.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t really say in the article - anyone know what type of game does Daytona State play? Uptempo? Positionless? Wondering how it compares to us since it’s so important to his decision making.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Dave was a good kid who got an Ivy League degree and a Masters from UConn playing a sport no one ever bothered to teach him as a kid.

All that said, I want him nowhere near this team. Great guy, but still.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Athletic, stronger than Carlton, can sky above rim. Skilled around hoop. They can throw it in to him and he can get a hoop down low or catch at foul line and drive and pull up. Not many guys like him in Juco.

We should be on him yesterday.

Reaction Score
Buzz loved his potential @ VT and tried to press every button to make him click and bring out the potential he saw in him. Everything he did failed. Nothing would work. Williams is the quintessential team first coach. He is all about sacrifice for the team (and I don't like the guy). Like not starting Zach Leday and Seth Allen as Seniors for a good part of the season. Sy started vs Wisky in the NCAA's and did nothing. Everytime I watched VT that year SY was a disappointment.

Would I like SY on UConn next year? Yes considering where we stand now. Not sure he would respond to a coach like Hurley. We need help though so roll the dice. I won't lose sleep if we don't land him.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Watch the video in the link in the first post. This kid can play and would instantly make us a better team.

Reaction Score
Amazing young man and achievement, he had no business being on our basketball team.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Man, Shonn Miller was so damn good that year. You put him along side Carlton and this team has 3 more wins right now even with the injuries elsewhere. I wonder if he’s playing pro overseas or is using his Cornell/UConn degrees.

Edit: as of March last year he was in the GLeague with not that great stats.

Shonn Miller's game doesn't translate well to the NBA game. 6 7 Wing with no guard skills isn't really going to work.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Shonn Miller's game doesn't translate well to the NBA game. 6 7 Wing with no guard skills isn't really going to work.
Yeah. I’m sure he’d do well overseas or just like having a real job.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
This guy's story reminds me a little of Cobb. Had trouble maturing the first few years of college, but now seems to want to figure it out. The fact that this guy is focused on winning with his team before thinking about the transfer opportunities shows the character / maturity he has worked on developing since his VT days.

Cobb seems to have really grown from a personal perspective (straightening out his life) over this final season under Hurley. Should be the type of off the court development template the staff is using to separate us from the other schools recruiting Sy. Seems like that could be an important factor in this kids decision.

Note: My comparison to Cobb is off court only. Not comparing their basketball skills.

Reaction Score
He was kind of a non-factor vs. us but his team won and moved on, I'll see him next week when state playoffs start. He is very athletic, probably a bit stronger than Josh as well. Juco ball is guard-driven so not reading too much into it, I'd still love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom