Keys to beating Kansas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Keys to beating Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think Kansas is scared of anyone. They will be incredibly tough. Miller will have to handle Ellis and Gibbs/Adams slow down Mason and Graham.

We'll need to be 45% from 3 and hold them to under 30% from there.
We have to play at the top of our game. Its increasingly doable. Shutting down Ellis is key. I don't see the kids going in with anything other than a chip on her shoulders and ready to play. Nothing to lose.

Reaction Score
I don't think Kansas is scared of anyone. They will be incredibly tough. Miller will have to handle Ellis and Gibbs/Adams slow down Mason and Graham.

We have to play at the top of our game. Its increasingly doable. Shutting down Ellis is key. I don't see the kids going in with anything other than a chip on her shoulders and ready to play. Nothing to lose.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Kansas is really good from 3, and that's what scares me the most. Limit that and we'll have a chance.

Reaction Score
Kansas can't defend. They gave up like 70+ to Austin Peay.

On the other hand, I am starting to think that our defense is not as good as we think, aside from nice blocks and some good series. That unit gave up big scores to Syracuse, Maryland, SMU, Gonzaga, Houston and Tulsa once, and UMASS Lowell. Not hard to defend UCF, USF, Tulane, etc.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This Kansas team is a bit different than in the recent past. No real high flying young star, no lottery picks. They are a savvy, tested veteran team. They are very consistent and often just wear people down. It's a tough type of opponent for UConn. On the other hand they are a team UConn can hang with, and in a close game anything can happen.

I am sure UConn is not the 8/9 seed Bill Self wanted but they certainly won't be afraid. Have you looked at their schedule?

Reaction Score
And let's not forget:

Reaction Score
After reading this thread, I'm wondering whether I should start posting multiple copies of a single post to increase my like count.

Reaction Score
Kansas can't defend. They gave up like 70+ to Austin Peay.

On the other hand, I am starting to think that our defense is not as good as we think, aside from nice blocks and some good series. That unit gave up big scores to Syracuse, Maryland, SMU, Gonzaga, Houston and Tulsa once, and UMASS Lowell. Not hard to defend UCF, USF, Tulane, etc.

Many of the games listed were earlier in the season. Championships are won in March!

Reaction Score
It seems like a tweaked perimeter type defense is needed. Allow them a few kick outs on the 3 but close in pretty quickly. If that can't be done then just straight up stay with the shooters. Ellis and their center won't make all their shots inside. Bigs should hold their ground and look just to alter shots. Big emphasis on box outs. Do not make it a jumping contest for rebounds unless we have position. Box out. We need our bigs out of foul trouble. I'd avoid the Ellis vs Miller match up. This is where Facey will be huge.

Worse thing you can do to a 3 point shooting team is making them earn their points in twos.

On offense: RUN. Put our chips on transition initially. Get them rushing to set their defense. This will allow us to do kick outs to our shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom