Keys to beating Kansas | The Boneyard

Keys to beating Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We CANNOT fall behind early. That won't work against a team as good as Kansas. If we play UConn basketball for 40 minutes, this game could be ours.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'll add some substance. They seem to be more perimeter orientated and a jump shooting team. They're older and perry Ellis is really good. He can play inside or out. We cannot get scared and panic, have to come out confident. They have a big inside I forget his name who's pretty solid. Big body. Foul trouble and bad shots is what will kill us. They don't seem like the big big teams that Self has had in the past. If we come out with energy, confidence, and limit turnovers I think we can get the W

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Definately need to rotate well on the perimeter and not leave their 3 point shooters wide open as they are good at hitting 3s

Reaction Score
I hope they let them play and no ticky tack fouls. Let them go at it in the post and get physical. We need to have solid 3 point shooting to open things up, no silly turnovers.

Reaction Score
Perry Ellis is a terrible match up for all of our bigs...miller might be able to hang if he can avoid touch fouls, which is a big if considering how good Ellis is.

I'm looking forward to the matchup of selden and purvis. You won't see 2 stronger guards going at it.

Reaction Score
All I know , if I'm Kansas I'm staining my underwear. UConn is the last team they want to play in week 1.

Reaction Score
That is why I hope they let them get physical on guard & post play. We had some nice steals & blocks that were "borderline" with the new way they call games. Let them play and earn it. Sometimes it is like pass interference in football - so biased against the defender.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
They don't scare me. Which one is Ellis?

630.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'll add some substance. They seem to be more perimeter orientated and a jump shooting team. They're older and perry Ellis is really good. He can play inside or out. We cannot get scared and panic, have to come out confident. They have a big inside I forget his name who's pretty solid. Big body. Foul trouble and bad shots is what will kill us. They don't seem like the big big teams that Self has had in the past. If we come out with energy, confidence, and limit turnovers I think we can get the W

it's really not that kind of thread man.

Reaction Score
I don't think Kansas is scared of anyone. They will be incredibly tough. Miller will have to handle Ellis and Gibbs/Adams slow down Mason and Graham.

We'll need to be 45% from 3 and hold them to under 30% from there.

All I know , if I'm Kansas I'm staining my underwear. UConn is the last team they want to play in week 1.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I am thinking paying the maids a couple of bucks and lock them in their rooms.

Reaction Score
the arena will be packed with gayhawkers, will JA be scared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom