OT: - Kevin Olliw sues UConn. Racial Discrimination suit. | The Boneyard

OT: Kevin Olliw sues UConn. Racial Discrimination suit.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Coach Kevin Ollie need to let it go. Go find another job, maybe a sports commentator or Assistant Coach.

Reaction Score
Is that the reason I can’t get on the men’s basketball board???

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Coach Kevin Ollie need to let it go. Go find another job, maybe a sports commentator or Assistant Coach.
nah, collect that that's due cash first!

Reaction Score
nah Calhoun did that

Are you joking? Over his last 5 years coaching Calhoun averaged 25 wins a season, had 2 30+ win seasons, made 4 NCAA tournaments, 2 Final Fours, and a National Championship, all while coaching in the premiere basketball conference in the country! He also left a roster that was stacked with good young players and blue chip recruits!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
certainly a distraction that isn't going to help WBB recruiting as it casts a shadow on UConn's administration even if totally fictional..............I suggest they get it settled quickly..........

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I thought Ollie was fired because he was a loser coach that destroyed one of the country's top programs.

Reaction Score
I thought Ollie was fired because he was a loser coach that destroyed one of the country's top programs.
Probably.......but IMHO, the University is trying to screw him out of his contract money. They should have negotiated a "cut-loose" deal (something less than $10 mil) instead of totally soiling his reputation. It may get nastier but there's no question (in my mind) that UCONN's hard -a** stand is - eventually - going to backfire on them. If I'm Kevin's lawyer, I don't care about the NCAA, want to talk to the jury.

Reaction Score
Are you joking? Over his last 5 years coaching Calhoun averaged 25 wins a season, had 2 30+ win seasons, made 4 NCAA tournaments, 2 Final Fours, and a National Championship, all while coaching in the premiere basketball conference in the country! He also left a roster that was stacked with good young players and blue chip recruits!
I agree with the leaving good young players and blue chip recruits, the nucleus of Allen's winning team, also the NC winner do I agree. I'm not a big Calhoun fan. But in leaving the coaching job he stacked deck in Allen's favor.

Reaction Score
Ollie aint lighting a match for that bridge... he's dropping napalm :eek:
If factual it must be fixed. I have my doubts. Uconn, if an untrue allegation, will have to dig deep and costly to disprove a negative.

certainly a distraction that isn't going to help WBB recruiting as it casts a shadow on UConn's administration even if totally fictional....I suggest they get it settled quickly.....

Most of any negative effect from the allegation depends on how the media presents it.
If Uconn isn't as asserted by Allen and the formal allegations have holes, potential recruits and parent will not see this as a negative. In the same vane: should potential recruits ask the few hundred players that have been in the Geno program they'll know Geno would not stand for his kids getting less than the treatment they earn and deserve--no bias in Geno/CD/Shea. Their bias is how well players work and play basketball.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The so-called threat which Ollie puts the racist label to is a red herring. A wet behind the ears lawyer could get a mandatory injunction compelling the arbitration is a NY minute.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If factual it must be fixed. I have my doubts. Uconn, if an untrue allegation, will have to dig deep and costly to disprove a negative.

Most of any negative effect from the allegation depends on how the media presents it.
If Uconn isn't as asserted by Allen and the formal allegations have holes, potential recruits and parent will not see this as a negative. In the same vane: should potential recruits ask the few hundred players that have been in the Geno program they'll know Geno would not stand for his kids getting less than the treatment they earn and deserve--no bias in Geno/CD/Shea. Their bias is how well players work and play basketball.
Who s Allen?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Calhoun did it by forcing the university to hire KO. If they had a real search, he would not have got the job in the first place.

Reaction Score
Calhoun did it by forcing the university to hire KO. If they had a real search, he would not have got the job in the first place.

It does sound what happened down Rocky Top.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom