Kevin Ollie | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

If you're ever doubting KO, be sure to take a look at this.... Here's a list of notable coaches KO's teams have defeated in only his 3rd season...if this is what KO can accomplish in only 3 years, it's safe to say we have many years of good memories ahead of us.

Bill Donovan (x3)
Tom Izzo (x2)
Jim Boeheim
John Calipari
Larry Brown
Fred Hoiberg
Buzz Williams
Mark Turgeon
Tom Crean
Phil Martelli
Fran Dunphy
Jay Wright
Mick Cronin
Frank Haith
Josh Pastner
Mike Brey
Tommy Amaker
Ed Cooley

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Impressive list, to be sure.

But he'll never beat Jim Calhoun, which some twisted minds will always hold against him.

And Shaka Smart. Hasn't beaten SS, has he? There are yarders who still hold that we'd have been better off with Smart.

Reaction Score
two dumb comments. Most love Calhoun and love Ollie, never ever heard anyone even wonder about Ollie beating Calhoun or it being held against him - how????
Also, while many liked Shaka during interview process, I think VERY FEW people now would prefer Shaka. Winning NC in first try has a way of silencing any critics.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Impressive list, to be sure.

But he'll never beat Jim Calhoun, which some twisted minds will always hold against him.

And Shaka Smart. Hasn't beaten SS, has he? There are yarders who still hold that we'd have been better off with Smart.

Earlier this year, I believe someone started a thread demanding that Warde fire KO and bring Calhoun back to coach the team. The chutzpah some people have...

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
two dumb comments. Most love Calhoun and love Ollie, never ever heard anyone even wonder about Ollie beating Calhoun or it being held against him - how????
Also, while many liked Shaka during interview process, I think VERY FEW people now would prefer Shaka. Winning NC in first try has a way of silencing any critics.

You misunderstand my comments. There were yarders upset with Ollie's style just a few weeks ago. They wanted the fire on the sidelines instead of KO's stoicism. In some minds, he'll never be as good as JC, and that means he was the wrong hire. I don't agree with it, but that seems to be the sentiment sometimes. And yes, there were some posters with 'shaka envy' who seemed to be waiting for our first stumble under KO to voice the "boy, we should have gone after shaka" argument.

C

Chief00

I think starting both Brimah and Nolan was a brilliant stroke of genius given the match ups with SMU.
Being at the game I was a little confused at what the defensive help principles were with the bigs. I wish I had taped it.

Reaction Score
I think starting both Brimah and Nolan was a brilliant stroke of genius given the match ups with SMU.
Being at the game I was a little confused at what the defensive help principles were with the bigs. I wish I had taped it.
definitely coaching strategy, they zone up on post ups and usually trap and release down there. Sometimes i'm confused by the defense(is it a matchup zone/why are we trapping?) , just goes to show the kind of coach KO is. terrific defensive mind who is taking advantage of the no 3 sec rule in college

C

Chief00

The other thing that unintentionally makes it confusing is guys don't always do what they are suppose to.

Reaction Score
Not to be a jerk, but can someone list who he's lost to?

Pitino 3x
Brown 3x
Haith
Pastnor
K
Dawkins 2x
Sampson
Yale
Barnes

Reaction Score
If you're ever doubting KO, be sure to take a look at this.... Here's a list of notable coaches KO's teams have defeated in only his 3rd season...if this is what KO can accomplish in only 3 years, it's safe to say we have many years of good memories ahead of us.

Bill Donovan (x3)
Tom Izzo (x2)
Jim Boeheim
John Calipari
Larry Brown
Fred Hoiberg
Buzz Williams
Mark Turgeon
Tom Crean
Phil Martelli
Fran Dunphy
Jay Wright
Mick Cronin
Frank Haith
Josh Pastner
Mike Brey
Tommy Amaker
Ed Cooley
Frank Haith can come off this list. He inherits good experience teams but runs when they are young. Tulas returned everyone from the NCAA team last year and really should have done better.

Reaction Score
The KO bashers are out there.
But they are like mushrooms ,when the sun is shining and things are going great their no where to be found. But after the rainstorm of a bad loss they appear like magic.

Reaction Score
Off topic, SMU is going to be a tough out in March. I love the way the play defense.
I will have them in the Final 4. I think they're better than KU or Wichita St., which are the other top teams likely to be in their bracket.

Reaction Score
Not that it detracts from the impressiveness of his resume, but to my knowledge KO has not beaten Buzz Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom