Kevin Ollie, UConn ready to rebound after rough season | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie, UConn ready to rebound after rough season

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
KO has to show me that he can coach. Show me an offense. Show me players and a team that get better as the season goes on. This is not a great roster, it has flaws, but some of that is mitigated by the strong 2018 incoming class so I'm not expecting wall to wall gangbusters but instead want to see the team play cohesively with a plan. Win some games. Get better each month. Be amongst the best of the AAC and get to the Dance.

Reaction Score
I'm getting whiplash from the turnaround here.

For months I kept hearing how horrible this team,this coach, league and our whole situation was. Emergency recruits were three star nobodies that confirmed our failure.
Now posters are saying if we aren't near or at a thirteenth-five team, it is a failure of coaching. I know we brought in two good recruits. But it is likely neither will play this year. How differing from garbage to top 25?

Is it the optimism of pre-season? Is it different posters than those that were so pessimistic? Is it the pessimists setting themselves up for their next gripe? I'm seriously confused.
Calling our front court a question mark Is being generous. We have two players that have played basketball together on this team.
Those looking for a fast start and a top 25 season are really optimistic. I hope it happens but expecting it or being critical of less is far too Pollyanna for me.
All the people complaining over the off-season are busy back in their Middle School schedules. No time to troll the BY when you have to figure out 2x-3=7 for tomorrow's test

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Seems like KO may have had to humbly pull JC back in and ask him to help. Talk of JC coaching has died down and he is on campus almost daily helping haul in players. Hopefully, they are talking game plan too. I am seeing a JC style roster with a bit more offensive firepower than he usually had coming together. Lots of nice ingredients, Now I want him to help KO bake the cake. He can't be hands off, KO is an inexperienced coach and he needs to pull every last bit of knowledge he can out of JC, that's why he's around. If this staff works with JC and uses their resources along with the good recruiting, we are going to get back where we belong quickly. I am excited and genuinely optimistic after being literally horrified 60 days ago.

Agree with your beginning but not the JC influence. I think, after being publicly embarrassed and being confused by divorce, KO has decided that if "I'm going out, I'm going out my way." The coaches he brought in, the ones he let go, the positionless basketball team he is accumulating; all this tells me he wants to actually coach the way he always said he wanted to coach.

And I don't think JC would want to see it any other way.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
All the people complaining over the off-season are busy back in their Middle School schedules. No time to troll the BY when you have to figure out 2x-3=7 for tomorrow's test

Literal lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom