Kevin Ollie: 'Sooner Or Later, We're Going To Burst Out' (Amore) | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie: 'Sooner Or Later, We're Going To Burst Out' (Amore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
KO has an unlimited credit line at the moment, but I had a flashback to one of Diaco's post gamers reading this one. Ugh.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Start of the season has to be a humbling experience for this group. As Ollie was implying, I think our offensive identity is a transition scoring team(I don't see defense being an issue, we're a pretty damn good defensive club). Outside of RB and D-Ham(although inconsistently) I don't see anyone else who can make contested shots/create their own shots. In addition we don't rebound the ball too well on the offensive end so we're not getting any second chance points. So right now we're a terrible half court team. We need easy looks in transition.

Also, Amida.... He has a major flaw on defense which is causing him to foul too much. When defending in the post he almost always leaves his feet and goes for the block with his right hand. So what teams are doing is they are attacking his left side shooting with their right hand, now he's off balance, in the air, going for the ball across his body. He's long enough to just stay on his feet and put up his left hand to block/contest these shots without fouling. I hope the coaches are noticing this.

Reaction Score
"At the moment" subbabub if your idea of at the moment includes anything but unlimited then I sure hope you have no affiliation with a bank or investment company because you're going under mo ron

Reaction Score
honest question, how do you compare diaco to KO? are you drunk?

BB-4-4, 2 top ten losses, 2 buzzer beaters, 1 ad losss, defending national champions. But, he is winless since last sunday. I mean, understand Diaco was often just trying to keep spirits up in a transition year with little talent so his pressers began to be a broken record, But KEVIN OLLIE is 56-22 with 6 wins in march and it is currently the middle of December. Also, does this look like a basketball team in need of a total overhaul? No, it looks like a team that could be 6-2 or 7-1 and with minimal improvement across the board, or one player-Purvis, Cassell, Calhoun-drastically improving.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
KO has an unlimited credit line at the moment, but I had a flashback to one of Diaco's post gamers reading this one. Ugh.
Agreed he has a lot of rope. BUT, he did do it with Calhoun's big east players... so he still has something to prove.

Reaction Score
Ucannuconn apparently you are as dumb as the previous poster.we were a mid level sweet 16 tourney team that ollie turned into a champion. Get a grip loser
There are people that don't have him on ignore?

Reaction Score
Well I hope sooner starts tomorrow or later perhaps the next game after.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I didnt question his coaching ability at all. I agree no other coach would have taken that team to a ship, I wouldn't trade him for any other coach. I just think that now he has to prove he can do it with his guys. Its probably something that he wants to prove to himself as well.

Reaction Score
Agreed he has a lot of rope. BUT, he did do it with Calhoun's big east players... so he still has something to prove.
I didnt question his coaching ability at all. I agree no other coach would have taken that team to a ship, I wouldn't trade him for any other coach. I just think that now he has to prove he can do it with his guys. Its probably something that he wants to prove to himself as well.
My fear is he will have a much harder job doing that while we are stuck in the AAC.

Reaction Score
UcannUconn said:

I don't think that really matters in Ollie's case. He didn't take over a stable program and just put them over the top with some good game plans and motivational speeches. He took over a team coming off a lousy year, on probation, with heavy transfer losses, and had to re-recruit some guys thinking of leaving. Then he had to take what was left, and completely restructure our system, with under-performing 3s playing as stretch 4s and a 5-10 two guard on offense, no post presence on defense, and nobody who could rebound other than the point guard. It was a slow, two-year process to get to the finish line, and the team that cut down the nets was Ollie's through and through.

I also don't think there are or should be immediate demands on a college coach who wins one to prove he can do it again, unless you are talking about Hall of Fame credentials and it's a little soon to be thinking about something like that. Dean Smith won two in his entire career. Boeheim and Izzo have one each, and might not get a second before they hang it up. It's not easy to just go do it again.

Reaction Score
KO always will say the right and motivating things and we can't fault him for that, and I'm quite sure that shooting will improve particularly against non top flight opponents but I will be surprised if some of these guys just turn in to great shooters. The amazing thing is that we were totally in that Duke game without the shooting, so if it comes.....

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
After hearing a similar we'll be good soon refrain for the entire fall, I didn't like hearing it from KO, however true it may be.

Simple as that.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Those comparing the Ollie quotes to Diaco obviously didn't bother to read the post. I think what Ollie did in 2013 is just about as remarkable as what he did in 2014. And he didn't have have JC's guys, he had half of JC's guys plus Evans, Kromah and Brimah.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Headline should read:
"Sooner or later we are going to bust a rim" - Kevin Ollie

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ucannuconn apparently you are as dumb as the previous poster.we were a mid level sweet 16 tourney team that ollie turned into a champion. Get a grip loser
As a newbie here I think it may be a good idea to keep the temperment in check - calling someone a loser and dumb??

Reaction Score
Being new on this board has nothing to do with uconn basketball knowledge. Anyone who had any wouldn't have anything negative to say about ollie's "leash" at uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom