Kevin Ollie: 'Sooner Or Later, We're Going To Burst Out' (Amore) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie: 'Sooner Or Later, We're Going To Burst Out' (Amore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
As a newbie here I think it may be a good idea to keep the temperment in check - calling someone a loser and dumb??

Some folks here have mastered the communication technique of you-statements. Based on the belief that my opinions are universally true and people who disagree are ignorant slime that don't deserve to live on the same earth.
Most are harmless.

Reaction Score
Start of the season has to be a humbling experience for this group. As Ollie was implying, I think our offensive identity is a transition scoring team(I don't see defense being an issue, we're a pretty damn good defensive club). Outside of RB and D-Ham(although inconsistently) I don't see anyone else who can make contested shots/create their own shots. In addition we don't rebound the ball too well on the offensive end so we're not getting any second chance points. So right now we're a terrible half court team. We need easy looks in transition.

Also, Amida.... He has a major flaw on defense which is causing him to foul too much. When defending in the post he almost always leaves his feet and goes for the block with his right hand. So what teams are doing is they are attacking his left side shooting with their right hand, now he's off balance, in the air, going for the ball across his body. He's long enough to just stay on his feet and put up his left hand to block/contest these shots without fouling. I hope the coaches are noticing this.
While my assessment isnt as detailed as yours ive found myself often wondering why Brimah leaves his feet to block a shot all the time. What drives me especially batty is when he does it against much shorter guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom