Kevin Ollie Deserves a 4yr Contract Now... | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie Deserves a 4yr Contract Now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
because he has already proven himself to be the man for the job in 5 games. Everything about the guy exudes class and determination. His abilities on the side line will continue to improve with his support system in place with JC. Never thought I would come to that conclusion so quickly. He is surrounded by the right people and everything feels right. There is not 1 thing I don't like about him right now. I wasn't 100 % sure what we were getting.

There are no other viable candidates that are better then Kevin in the country.

Lets get this deal done and move forward. We can only deal in the present and not look back. KO is the man. Love this guy.

Reaction Score
What, you don't want Shaka Smart???

I think Ollie's got a deal on the way, and I think he knows about it. Otherwise I can't see him donating so much money for the practice facility.

Reaction Score
".......because he has already proven himself to be the man for the job in 5 games."
Really? You'd give him a four year contract after only five games? Let's see what happens if we go on a long losing streak. The euphoria may wane. I say let the season play on.

Reaction Score
As Dick Vitale so eloquently phrased it on Twitter, “KEVIN OLLIE IS THE PERFECT CHOICE TO KEEP UCONN AS AN ELITE PROGRAM — NEEDS MULTI YEAR DEAL 4 RECRUITING NOW!”

Reaction Score
otherwise a 1 year step back will quickly become a 3 or 4 year one. we have 1 signed player for next year, a mid-major(whatever is less than quinipiac) frontcourt, and are losing potential recruits to places we haven't lost to in years. i get manuel is in a tough situation, but my feeling is either extend Ollie now or go in a completely new direction in may. it makes no sense and is destructive to wait until the spring to resign Ollie.

Reaction Score
Manuel is no dope. He is working on it and has seen all he needs to see. He's been complimentary and very positive about Ollie (practice and games). Its a matter of when not if.

If anything take odds on when, as for me I say mid-January.

Reaction Score
What does it matter anyway at this point...the 2013 recruiting class has been picked clean...its already too late for next years class...can't believe we can not get a center to come play at UConn...astonishing...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Please, let's not rush things. Just like conference realignment, Manuel is continuing to monitor the situation with Ollie to figure out what it means to us as time progresses.

And if what it means to us is recruiting failures, we can just as easily blame that on recruits and their families simply not liking Ollie and not believing that he will be successful. We really need to see how well he can recruit for a head coach that may or may not be him.

Reaction Score
What, you don't want Shaka Smart???

I think Ollie's got a deal on the way, and I think he knows about it. Otherwise I can't see him donating so much money for the practice facility.

Very good points. I'm focusing more on public perception and recruiting. Shaka would now be my #2 choice behind Ollie. I think Shaka is a great great coach. His personality is infectious. Kevin Ollie has all the same intangibles in my opinion that he expresses in his own unique way. I wanted to see that. It didn't take long for me to realize it. I always understood the keep it in house argument and respected it. Now I am a true believer.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Shaka would now be my #2 choice behind Ollie.

I will assume this is an emotional statement, since it cannot be rooted in fact. Its fine if its emotional, thats cool, but its factually insane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I will assume this is an emotional statement, since it cannot be rooted in fact. Its fine if its emotional, thats cool, but its factually insane.

You mean having shaka at all right?

Reaction Score
Manuel is no dope. He is working on it and has seen all he needs to see. He's been complimentary and very positive about Ollie (practice and games). Its a matter of when not if.

If anything take odds on when, as for me I say mid-January.

Glad to see he's good with at least 3 straight losing seasons no matter if the coach is Jim Calhoun or Wooden, because this team has absolutely no help coming in the frontcourt in the next year. Calhoun's last year + 2012 + 2013 without a frontcourt and then pray that somehow Ollie lands 3 strong freshman who will be freshman in 2014.

Reaction Score
I think the ACC should take Manuel's approach to adding UConn over Louisville.

Let's see if UConn can earn it this season over Louisville.

Reaction Score
Glad to see he's good with at least 3 straight losing seasons no matter if the coach is Jim Calhoun or Wooden, because this team has absolutely no help coming in the frontcourt in the next year. Calhoun's last year + 2012 + 2013 without a frontcourt and then pray that somehow Ollie lands 3 strong freshman who will be freshman in 2014.

Facey is a very good player. He is quintessential UConn. In the Emeka mold as a player. I think we can get 7.9 pts & 9.0 rebs from Facey in his Freshman year like we got from Mek. Recruiting has taken a step back but I like Warde & Ollie both.

Three straight losing seasons? Really? Pretty bold there don't you think?

Reaction Score
Facey is a very good player. He is quintessential UConn. In the Emeka mold as a player. I think we can get 7.9 pts & 9.0 rebs from Facey in his Freshman year like we got from Mek. Recruiting has taken a step back but I like Warde & Ollie both.

Three straight losing seasons? Really? Pretty bold there don't you think?

Facey signed an LOI?

Reaction Score

???????

Reaction Score
Facey signed an LOI?

I'm kind of old school when it comes to contractual relations. I think reneged verbal agreements that can be considered to be contractually binding should be enforced in court as a breach of contract. It sets good precedent for people to take responsibility for their actions. I understand the counterargument that there is nothing binding but that can be beat in court by the right lawyer. The logic looking at the totality of the circumstance obviously doesn't lend itself to litigation however.

Would Ollie risk his reputation by reneging on a verbal if KO signed a contract today with no LOI from Facey and a better player was available? In theory it could work both ways. Maybe Facey should be made aware of that?

http://www.ehow.com/way_5760398_do-verbal-agreement-reneged_.html#ixzz2Cmc56xno

Reaction Score
We are judging KO on wins and losses with no legitimate center? KO's offense is not stale compared to some of the winshield wiper stuff we have had in the past, and our 3 centers got 2 rebounds last night. How were we even in the game? Is there a big man to be had?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If he's not signed by Christmas, the ship has sailed.

caw

Reaction Score
If he's not signed by Christmas, the ship has sailed.

I disagree, mainly because there are certain signing periods. If he doesn't sign early, he's only gone if Ollie doesn't have a contract by spring.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I disagree, mainly because there are certain signing periods. If he doesn't sign early, he's only gone if Ollie doesn't have a contract by spring.

Manuel holds the cards on this one. If he doesn't sign him by Christmas, to me it looks like he's strongly considering other options.

caw

Reaction Score
Manuel holds the cards on this one. If he doesn't sign him by Christmas, to me it looks like he's strongly considering other options.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/nli/nli

So basically he has until tomorrow? He can't sign between 11/21/12 and 4/17/13. It's not allowed. I do agree that he will wait until spring to sign anywhere and UConn could lose him and it is on Manuel. However, the fact is, he isn't signing anywhere else until April and UConn can certainly keep him if Ollie is signed to a longer contract and stays on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom