Kevin Ollie Benchmarks Year One: | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie Benchmarks Year One:

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

We go from JC evaluating retirement uncertainty to Warde's KO evaluation uncertainty. What is it about uncertainty not helping recruiting do we not understand?

Reaction Score
1. I disagree wholly. He will be judged harshly on wins and losses. If he has a sub-500 year, or finished in the bottom third of the conference, I think he's a sure goner. The fact that he only got a 7 month contract tells you that the AD has him on a very short leash. To conclude that he's going to survive a very poor season is wonderfully optimistic. He needs to win and win now.

2. Regarding results blamed on Ollie - I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that, if Ollie was coach, we would have done better.

1) While wins and losses always provide some input, the improvement and hard work they show, no quit attitude can make up for a lot. If they are competing at a high level but are falling short against teams with a higher level of talent then it will be easily identified by Warde and others. I think KO will be fine if they compete for him which I fully expect. If the "bigs" improve and add key minutes then the w's will come.

2) The only way they your limb wouldn't have fell off the tree is if KO was smart enough to get rid of the drama of Ao and maybe even Roscoe........maybe they wouldn't have won more but it would have been much more fun to watch for sure!!

As johnhuskies said above I want to see more effort getting rebounds, everyone boxing out and working, which I believe we will see as people don't concern themselves with what they believe they deserve rather having guys who really expect to compete for their time based on passion and teamwork. There's no doubt this team will compete and be more fun to watch, and that was with JC or KO.......

Reaction Score
RECRUITING! RECRUITING! RECRUITING! if he signs a highly rated class and the team finishes above .500 in the conference and overall he will be back. i agree that he should have gotten a 2 year contract but i think ko thrives on this type of situation and he will succeed. i have no doubt.
Above .500 in conference ? Come on. I don't think Calhoun himself could get that done.

Reaction Score
2. Regarding results blamed on Ollie - I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that, if Ollie was coach, we would have done better.

Yeah, that is quite a ridiculous limb you are on. Rookie head coach outperforms hall of famer one season removed from a national championship.

Good one.

Reaction Score
Obviously, we will all be watching KO's game management, but I want to see how hard the team plays for him knowing that there is no postseason. Thus far they've been saying the right things, but how will the team handle a losing streak? I believe their wills will be tested and if KO can steer the ship through these troubled waters (I believe that he will) and the team battles for him, the opinion of KO will go well beyond wins and losses. And if he can continue to pull a few recruits out of his hat, say XRM, then that will only further entrench the fact that KO will be the coach beyond this year.

I am excited about this year and can't wait for the season to get started. I will not be overly concerned with W-L this year, of course I will take as many as we can get, but I want to see them battle. As already mentioned, the effort towards rebounding as well as defense will be key.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Not impressed with Manuel. With the tough scehdule and rebuilding team extending KO's contract will be at Manuel's whim since it willnot be s strong season record wise - and everything else is arbitrary.
Coaches contracts are always at the whim of the AD. Thats how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom