Kevin Nathan says.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kevin Nathan says....

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
These guys are gonna spin themselves in circles... wait till one of them reports on a rumor they themselves started!:p

LOL!

On a related note; am I the only one that sees absolutely no sense in hiring Ambrose or Moorhead over Weist? And yes, I felt that way before today's game with Memphis. I can understand Warde going the B1G coordinator route (Herman, Narduzzi) or maybe the "hot" name route (Clawson, Lembo), but I don't see what Moorhead or Ambrose give you in addition to what Weist already gives you...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Funny thing is that Warde said in the presser before the game that the next time you hear from him is when the HC is announced.

He obviously has someone feeding the trolls names for them get in to their columns.

This week will be interesting to see if UConn's athletic department can control the media message by placing information with sources bits at a time.

Reaction Score
LOL!

On a related note; am I the only one that sees absolutely no sense in hiring Ambrose or Moorhead over Weist? And yes, I felt that way before today's game with Memphis. I can understand Warde going the B1G coordinator route (Herman, Narduzzi) or maybe the "hot" name route (Clawson, Lembo), but I don't see what Moorhead or Ambrose give you in addition to what Weist already gives you...

That's where I am. I also feel the same way about any offensive coordinator with no head coach experience. Weist has more head coaching experience than Herman, and our play calling is just fine with Day. Ohio State features a running QB, I don't see Casey doing a lot of running.

Reaction Score
Funny thing is that Warde said in the presser before the game that the next time you hear from him is when the HC is announced.

He obviously has someone feeding the trolls names for them get in to their columns.

This week will be interesting to see if UConn's athletic department can control the media message by placing information with sources bits at a time.

I think most just get their info from the same places we do... AP College Football Writer drops Herman and Diaco names and the next thing your know Fowler retweets and then JJ reports.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Why don't you threaten to hold your breath and stomp your feet until you get your way. It will be even more effective.

Ha! I would stomp them but they are frozen from standing out in the cold watching our beatdown of Memphis!

Reaction Score
Betcha if whomever is the next coach and we start winning, you'll want the dime back from wherever you wound up spending it. Nobody knows how anyone will turn out. Tell you what, I saw UConn get flattened by a 1AA team the year before we went to D1. Our coach was HCRE and I thought there is no way on Earth he should be our coach as we went major, he just happened to be here at the moment. It turned out pretty well. I'd save the dime just in case they hire the guy you don't like and give him a couple of years. Even TJ at 2-5 took over a lifeless disaster and nobody could have corrected that overnight. He has gone through personnel changes, better use of personnel etc. I'm not advocating for him, just saying prejudging is impossible.
If it's Ambrose or Quinn (ESPECIALLY Ambrose)...I could care less where that dime goes!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If it's Ambrose or Quinn (ESPECIALLY Ambrose)...I could care less where that dime goes!

Plainly ridiculous. What if they hire your dream and he flops.? Nothing like you being the AD. Lot's of pressure on you to make the choice that probably makes your career. With fans like you, he basically should just take a poll and hope the guy who the fans want takes the job.

Reaction Score
Plainly ridiculous. What if they hire your dream and he flops.? Nothing like you being the AD. Lot's of pressure on you to make the choice that probably makes your career. With fans like you, he basically should just take a poll and hope the guy who the fans want takes the job.
You have your favorites...I have mine! As for the fans like me comment...yeah a fan who has been at EVERY home game this season..in my seat till the end! A fan who has been to EVERY bowl game with at least a closet full of gear from those bowls as well as road trips to ND and Michigan! Also a fan who besides donating $1200 a year also buys between $350-$500 of UCONN gear per year! I am warming to Clawson and Lembo and wouldn't have an issue with ANY one on that list but Ambrose! So thanks for the lesson on how to be a good fan...I really don't need your advice!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
“@jacobscourant: Hearing Ohio State offensive coordinator Tom Herman is on UConn's candidate list.”

He may not be my first choice on the list of realistic candidates (Lembo, Narduzzi, Clawson) but I would be thrilled if we landed Herman. Young, highly intelligent, ties to Ohio & Texas, successful everywhere he's been in improving the offense from day one.

I'd be behind his hire in a heartbeat!

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You have your favorites...I have mine! As for the fans like me comment...yeah a fan who has been at EVERY home game this season..in my seat till the end! A fan who has been to EVERY bowl game with at least a closet full of gear from those bowls as well as road trips to ND and Michigan! Also a fan who besides donating $1200 a year also buys between $350-$500 of UCONN gear per year! I am warming to Clawson and Lembo and wouldn't have an issue with ANY one on that list but Ambrose! So thanks for the lesson on how to be a good fan...I really don't need your advice!

Actually, I don't have a favorite. It's a waste of energy because I have no say and neither does anyone not in the decision making circle. You have no better insight that your "favorite" will succeed here than anyone else on the list or unknown to us.. There is some evidence, and yeah I know the teams we won out on suck, from what we've seen, that the team played rather well under Weist. I'm neither for or against him, but the team went from looking like garbage to looking like a decent team that won games that you no way could have been sure about after game 4 or 5. Anyone who expected even god to make the team over during the first month after PP was delusional. I'll root for the team, not throw in the towel regardless of who they pick , and I was there until the end today. I guarantee you I've spent a fortune on the program. I reserve the right to grumble if the next guy flops, but I have nothing other than to hope for success from whomever the people in charge pick. It's their problem and they can have it. I just happen to think that promising to stop going to games if they hire X instead of Y before even one down has been run is a bit, let's say, interesting.

Reaction Score
SubbaBub said:
Hmmmmmm...I am very wary of putting too much stock in the reflective glory of a program like ND. Especially where said program is underachieving when compared to the hype surrounding it. As for Herman, maybe Urban is in charge of press conferences these days and Herman runs the O, but I doubt it. I also don't like Mazzone's mustache, too Andy Reid/Gerald McRaney/Super Mario.

The resumes don't impress, would have to have the "it" factor. I doubt they do, because "it" guys at high profile programs are known even to message board idiots like ourselves.

Other than Lembo, I don't like this list on it's face.

Herman's history goes further back than OSU. Many around the country think he is head coaching material. I just didn't think he would consider us.

Reaction Score
Your comment would be more meaningful if Hathaway was actually the guy who hired either Calhoun or Edsall. He wasn't. It isn't the same to have to work with someone and to hire someone. That was the point I was making...

you over-rate synergy.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
you over-rate synergy.

People stick with people they trust. Or at least people that got them results in the past. It's the reason PP stuck with GDL (although for the life of me, I don't know when those results were obtained!). So I over-rate nothing...

Reaction Score
Kevin sez...

“@KevinNathanNBC: Amazing that it took Urban Meyer 2 years to lose a game. Think Warde Manuel had his eye on Spartans DC Pat Narduzzi? You think?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom