Kevin Nathan says.... | The Boneyard

Kevin Nathan says....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His sources say(sprinkle salt here) Huskies looking at Jeff Quinn, Clawson,Lembo, Ambrose and then threw in Narduzzi

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Heaven help UCONN if Manuel hires Quinn, again.

I'm not sure I like saying it, but I'm guessing there's better than a 1 in 4 chance that we hire Quinn...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how to feel about Quinn. He's certainly not the big name splash, and I have no idea how he would be as a recruiter. But here's what he has working for him in his corner:

1) 21 years along with Brian Kelly (Grand Valley, Central Michigan, Cincy)
2) An already established rapport with Warde Manuel
3) A positive transition at Buffalo (8-4 and bowl bound)

Of all of those things, #2 cannot be overstated. When people have a rapport with each other, with positive history, it tends to carry over. That's why I'm putting Quinn's chances at 1 out of 4 or better...

Reaction Score
Where in the Sam Hill did Quinn come from? Cincy guy from Buffalo with a losing career record? Recruits will really be impressed with that! NO!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Where in the Sam Hill did Quinn come from!

Oddly enough, I think that Quinn was one of the original names mentioned, once PP was fired. Other names started to rise to the top (Lembo, Narduzzi, etc.), but in the back of my mind, Quinn's name hung around. I just don't know how I feel about it, though...

Reaction Score
Warde's being smart and playing a bit of a poker game. You never just target one guy and let it be known because then that person's agent will demand the stars and the moon.

We also want to weed out coaches who are potentially just looking for a payday. We want someone who wants this job. Make the candidates work for the job, if they aren't willing to work they don't belong here. This is a desirable job and anyone who doesn't feel that way can take a hike.

Last edited:

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
It's going to be Weist.

I think TJ has a better chance than many on the BY are giving him. I'd say his chances are close to 1 out of 4 also. I also believe that we have almost zero chance at Narduzzi. Lembo sounds to me like he will hold out for a B1G job, making him close to zero. Clawson is a wildcard. Ambrose has no history with Warde, so I don't put his chances very high at all either...

Reaction Score
If it's Quinn or Weist it's a total joke. Just an embarrassing decision.

Just went to Wikipedia to check out Quinn's 4 year head coaching record at Buffalo.

Good lord.

Reaction Score
Just remember the hockey coach search guys. Cavanaugh wasn't even rumored to be on the radar when he interviewed. I will say this though...if this is the finalist group that the next coach comes from I have spent my last dime on UCONN athletics!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Just remember the hockey coach search guys. Cavanaugh wasn't even rumored to be on the radar when he interviewed. I will say this though...if this is the finalist group that the next coach comes from I have spent my last dime on UCONN athletics!

Betcha if whomever is the next coach and we start winning, you'll want the dime back from wherever you wound up spending it. Nobody knows how anyone will turn out. Tell you what, I saw UConn get flattened by a 1AA team the year before we went to D1. Our coach was HCRE and I thought there is no way on Earth he should be our coach as we went major, he just happened to be here at the moment. It turned out pretty well. I'd save the dime just in case they hire the guy you don't like and give him a couple of years. Even TJ at 2-5 took over a lifeless disaster and nobody could have corrected that overnight. He has gone through personnel changes, better use of personnel etc. I'm not advocating for him, just saying prejudging is impossible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that the most surprising or disappointing name you'll hear is TJ Weist. I can't see letting him go for someone the fans will like less.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
they hire Quinn and after next year we don't renew on the 3-year contract.

Ours too. I'll piece together my own season cheaper anyway and go to the games that I actually want to go to…not pay essentially $50 to watch Stony Brook knowing others paid $10 or less. Jeff Quinn is a season ticket buster and seals our AAC fate for a very long time.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I post these things in case anybody from UCONN uses this site to gauge fan interest in a particular name (absurd, I know). Of the names he mentioned, I'd rank 'em:

Ambrose - ZERO interest, would not renew and just buy single tickets to BYU, Boise and Cinci
Quinn - less than ZERO interest, would not renew and same as Ambrose
Lembo - hire immediately, would renew instantly and maybe add on
Narduzzi - hire immediately, same as Lembo
Clawson - hire immediately if Lembo or Narduzzi turn down, would renew our 6
Mullen - hire immediately above all else and I'd double my season tickets

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Hey UConn - You hire Weist or Quinn, I stop coming from NYC for the games. If don't go my group of 12 is out too.

If UConn isn't going to invest in the program then why the hell should we?

Reaction Score
Weist it will be. His being here and taking over is no accident. I am in for Weist. If the rest of you stay home, the stadium won't look any emptier than it already does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom