Kevin Murphy Interview | The Boneyard

Kevin Murphy Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I played for Henderson high in West Chester a very long time ago. It was at the time the only high school in town. I moved to Connecticut after my sophomore season and I can tell you they play very tough football in that league. This kid will bring good things to UCONN and I for one look forward to seeing him play.

Reaction Score
Nice little interview. Great job!

Feels so good to get the first commit under our belts... and he seems like a real ambassador for the team!

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
He likes.

KJM @kMuRpHy54 · 4m
http://the-boneyard.com/blog/kevin-murphy-becomes-1st-to-commit-for-2015/… wow what an awesome article! So proud to be a husky #huskynation #showyourteeth
1f3c8.png
1f3c8.png

Reaction Score
He likes.

KJM @kMuRpHy54 · 4m
http://the-boneyard.com/blog/kevin-murphy-becomes-1st-to-commit-for-2015/… wow what an awesome article! So proud to be a husky #huskynation #showyourteeth
1f3c8.png
1f3c8.png

Kevin...we love ya already and we are glad to have you. But....please do not bookmark this site and never, ever come back. :cool: This place is certifiable. You might change your mind if you linger here too long. ;)

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Kevin...we love ya already and we are glad to have you. But....please do not bookmark this site and never, ever come back. :cool: This place is certifiable. You might change your mind if you linger here too long. ;)
It's great to interact with the parents of McCombs, Desi, Griffin, Kash etc (and even cubbybear) but man no message board is a good place for athletes or family members if you don't have the thickest skin and shortest memory.

Reaction Score

Thanks for posting Kevin Murphy article. After reading, I am convinced Kevin signed with UCONN because of Diaco. To attract someone of KM's character and ability is a sign of great players to come. UCONN's passionate coaching staff, winning sports tradition, state of the art facilities and top 20 Public university status are positive selling points. Traveling to great cities like, Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Tampa, Memphis, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Tulsa, Annapolis and Raleigh/Greenville is a further attraction. The national TV exposure with ESPN/CBS is also very attractive to future recruits.

I am tired of the malcontents saying what a crappy conference we are in. Let's establish a dominant winning tradition here first and then good things will happen. We will never get anywhere if the fans in state of Connecticut don't get behind this team and this conference. Let's fill the Rent and win in the American!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting Kevin Murphy article. After reading, I am convinced Kevin signed with UCONN because of Diaco. To attract someone of KM's character and ability is a sign of great players to come. UCONN's passionate coaching staff, winning sports tradition, state of the art facilities and top 20 Public university status are positive selling points. Traveling to great cities like, Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Tampa, Memphis, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Tulsa, Annapolis and Raleigh/Greenville is a further attraction. The national TV exposure with ESPN/CBS is a further advantage.

I am tired of the malcontents saying what a crappy conference we are in. Let's establish a dominate winning tradition here first and then good things will happen. We will never get anywhere if the fans in state of Connecticut don't get behind this team and this conference. Let's fill the Rent and win in the American!

I think this year proved this conference can be very good in all the sports. UCF won the Fiesta Bowl, convincingly I might add, UConn won both men's and women's bball titles and Houston made it pretty far into the super regional for baseball if I remember correctly. Obviously, this conference won't be as good as some of the top P5, but we are definitely the best of the G5.

Reaction Score
Nice little interview. Great job!

Feels so good to get the first commit under our belts... and he seems like a real ambassador for the team!
Don't be surprised if he is Captain on this team in a couple of years.He fits the B.D. mold to a tee.

Reaction Score
I may have sat behind him at the Spring Game. A lot of solid looking young men from PA were nearby. Engaged a couple who were friendly and respectful. Hope we get more like that. You don't have to be bad off the field just on it.

Reaction Score
You can't be blinded by this year's success. Going forward, the P5 are looking to make their own rules while th G5, would need the approval of non fb playing schools to enact whatever measures the P5 are instituting. The gulf in TV revenue will continue to widen. Which will make it harder to compete and recruit. We were part of the BCS cartel which was no better than the P5, it is amazing that only three schools inside the cartel ended up out of it, and we are one of them. SMH.

Being the best of the G5 is like being the tallest midget, kissing your sister, winning a participation trophy, you name it.

CR?

Reaction Score
You can't be blinded by this year's success. Going forward, the P5 are looking to make their own rules while th G5, would need the approval of non fb playing schools to enact whatever measures the P5 are instituting. The gulf in TV revenue will continue to widen. Which will make it harder to compete and recruit. We were part of the BCS cartel which was no better than the P5, it is amazing that only three schools inside the cartel ended up out of it, and we are one of them. SMH.

Being the best of the G5 is like being the tallest midget, kissing your sister, winning a participation trophy, you name it.

The same could have been said about TCU a few years ago. That they were one of the few that should be in, but were stuck on the outside. All they did was continue to win, not just conferences opponents, but some good OOC teams and bowl games (including the Rose Bowl against Wisconsin). All of this got them invited to the Big East and ultimately the Big XII. The Moutain West was perceived then exactly how the AAC is now. If the the few teams at the top continue to put up great seasons (a big if I know, but completely plausible) then all UConn has to do is win and win often.

Greed will get the best of the P5 conferences and they'll all expanded to a bloated conference when ESPN throws them billions of dollars to maintain their rights to the games. All I'm saying is that, as much as the situation sucks for us, we could be in a far worse position than we are. There are some pretty good teams in this conference that can and I think will be a pretty decent conference. Personally, I think this conference wwill be better than the Big East was after Miami, VT, and BC left. I may be delusional though, but I'm just trying to make the best of this situation in my mind.

Reaction Score
The same could have been said about TCU a few years ago. That they were one of the few that should be in, but were stuck on the outside. All they did was continue to win, not just conferences opponents, but some good OOC teams and bowl games (including the Rose Bowl against Wisconsin). All of this got them invited to the Big East and ultimately the Big XII. The Moutain West was perceived then exactly how the AAC is now. If the the few teams at the top continue to put up great seasons (a big if I know, but completely plausible) then all UConn has to do is win and win often.

Greed will get the best of the P5 conferences and they'll all expanded to a bloated conference when ESPN throws them billions of dollars to maintain their rights to the games. All I'm saying is that, as much as the situation sucks for us, we could be in a far worse position than we are. There are some pretty good teams in this conference that can and I think will be a pretty decent conference. Personally, I think this conference wwill be better than the Big East was after Miami, VT, and BC left. I may be delusional though, but I'm just trying to make the best of this situation in my mind.

You are not delusional. IMO the American is better and has more potential than the old Big East, post Miami, VA Tech and BC.

BIG EAST AMERICAN

WVA UCF Equal
Louisville ECU Equal
Rutgers Houston American
Cincinnati Cincinnati Equal
Pitt Tulsa American
UCONN UCONN Equal
USF USF Equal
Temple Temple Equal
Syracuse Navy American
SMU
Memphis
Tulane

Based on UCF's AP #10 ranking, last years record and Fiesta bowl victory of 6th ranked Baylor (ended up 13th) UCF qualifies to be at least on a par with WVA. Admittedly WVA has had some really good teams, afterall they are in the B12. ECU with victories of NC and NC State last year is on a par with Louisville. I believe that Houston, Tulsa, Navy and SMU are all equal to or better than Pitt. In the last decade Syracuse has had some terrible seasons. UCONN, USF and Temple are around the same. Memphis and Tulane are rebuilding their programs and will get better. Other than some improvement in the last couple of years Syracuse really sucked in the past ten years. SMU, Memphis and Tulane will all improve in the Amerian and even now are in the same catagory as Pitt and Cuse. Houston is better than Rutgers. I also think in the last ten years Tulsa has been better than Pitt.

Reaction Score
Confident Carl said:
You are not delusional. IMO the American is better and has more potential than the old Big East, post Miami, VA Tech and BC. BIG EAST AMERICAN WVA UCF Equal Louisville ECU Equal Rutgers Houston American Cincinnati Cincinnati Equal Pitt Tulsa American UCONN UCONN Equal USF USF Equal Temple Temple Equal Syracuse Navy American SMU Memphis Tulane Based on UCF's AP #10 ranking, last years record and Fiesta bowl victory of 6th ranked Baylor (ended up 13th) UCF qualifies to be at least on a par with WVA. Admittedly WVA has had some really good teams, afterall they are in the B12. ECU with victories of NC and NC State last year is on a par with Louisville. I believe that Houston, Tulsa, Navy and SMU are all equal to or better than Pitt. In the last decade Syracuse has had some terrible seasons. UCONN, USF and Temple are around the same. Memphis and Tulane are rebuilding their programs and will get better. Other than some improvement in the last couple of years Syracuse really sucked in the past ten years. SMU, Memphis and Tulane will all improve in the Amerian and even now are in the same catagory as Pitt and Cuse. Houston is better than Rutgers. I also think in the last ten years Tulsa has been better than Pitt.

Oh, brother.

Reaction Score
Oh, brother.

For what it's worth SMU clocked Pitt 28-6 in the BBVA Compass Bowl in 2011. They also beat TCU that same year and Washington State in 2010. Last year UCF knocked off Louisville 38-35, Penn State 34-31 and of course the huge Fiesta bowl win over #6 Baylor.
Tulsa beat Notre Dame in 2010. East Carolina beat NC and NC state convincingly last year. In 2008 ECU beat both VA Tech and
WVA. In 2011 Houston knocked off UCLA and Penn State. In the last 5 years Navy has beaten Indiana and Wake Forest twice and they have also beaten Pitt, Missouri and Notre Dame.

The point is that UCF, Houston, Tulsa, East Carolina, SMU and Navy compare favorably to Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville and WVA.
It appears that Memphis and Tulane are longer term projects but certainly the 5 listed former CUSA teams and Navy can compete.

Contrary to some on the Boneyard, the American is a formidable league. UCF's beat down of #6 Baylor and their 38-35 victory of Louisville last year further establishes the point.

Houston, Dallas, Tulsa, New Orleans, Cincinnati, Memphis, Orlando and Tampa are recruiting hot beds and are much
more fertile ground than the former Big East schools were. In addition to recruiting the Northeast footprint, Diaco speaks about the direct flights from Bradley to those cities and plans on recruiting in those spots as well.

Some may not agree but that is okay. It is difficult to argue with the facts. Certainly more interesting than Oh, brother!

If UCONN can win in this conference, they will have gained respect and come closer to their ultimate goal of attaining P5 status either in the B1G or the ACC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For what it's worth SMU clocked Pitt 28-6 in the BBVA Compass Bowl in 2011. They also beat TCU that same year and Washington State in 2010. Last year UCF knocked off Louisville 38-35, Penn State 34-31 and of course the huge Fiesta bowl win over #6 Baylor.
Tulsa beat Notre Dame in 2010. East Carolina beat NC and NC state convincingly last year. In 2008 ECU beat both VA Tech and
WVA. In 2011 Houston knocked off UCLA and Penn State. In the last 5 years Navy has beaten Indiana and Wake Forest twice and they have also beaten Pitt, Missouri and Notre Dame.

The point is that UCF, Houston, Tulsa, East Carolina, SMU and Navy compare favorably to Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville and WVA.
It appears that Memphis and Tulane are longer term projects but certainly the 5 listed former CUSA teams and Navy can compete.

Contrary to some on the Boneyard, the American is a formidable league. UCF's beat down of #6 Baylor and their 38-35 victory of Louisville last year further establishes the point.

Houston, SMU, Tulsa, Tulane, Cincinnati, Memphis, UCF and USF are recruiting hot beds and are much
more fertile ground than the former Big East schools were. In addition to recruiting the Northeast footprint, Diaco speaks about the direct flights from Bradley to those cities and plans on recruiting in those spots as well.

Some may not agree but that is okay. It is difficult to argue with the facts. Certainly more interesting than Oh, brother!

If UCONN can win in this conference, they will have gained respect and come closer to their ultimate goal of attaining P5 status either in the B1G or the ACC.

We have a similar outlook on the AAC. I think all the teams in the conference will show improvement this year and could actually be a pretty fun season to watch. Obviously Memphis and Tulane are longer projects like you said, but Memphis (sorry to use this cliche) is mostly a basketball school. They could and should improve in football, but I equate them to Kentucky or Kansas. They'll have good seasons here and there, but mostly hover around 6-6. I honestly don't know anything about Tulane other than I would love to go to an away game there.

It is difficult to argue with facks like you said, unless you're from the ACC where a 5-13 BCS bowl record apparently makes you better than the 8-7 BCS bowl record of Big East or 3-1 record of the Mountain West.

Reaction Score
We have a similar outlook on the AAC. I think all the teams in the conference will show improvement this year and could actually be a pretty fun season to watch. Obviously Memphis and Tulane are longer projects like you said, but Memphis (sorry to use this cliche) is mostly a basketball school. They could and should improve in football, but I equate them to Kentucky or Kansas. They'll have good seasons here and there, but mostly hover around 6-6. I honestly don't know anything about Tulane other than I would love to go to an away game there.

It is difficult to argue with facks like you said, unless you're from the ACC where a 5-13 BCS bowl record apparently makes you better than the 8-7 BCS bowl record of Big East or 3-1 record of the Mountain West.[/QUOTE

It is good to know that there are others who share similar views. To your point about New Orleans, my wife and I are going to the Tulane game. I got non stop tickets out of Newark for $250.00 each and we are staying at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans for $180/night.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

That sounds so good. I have to see if I'll be able to afford that because I'm going down to Virginia for a week next month then probably to Georgia for a wedding in August. Getting slammed with this stuff. All I know is now that I switch positions at one of my jobs I can finally purchace season tickets again because I can make all the games. It's been two years since I was able to go to a game due to having to work every weekend. That new position literally filled my energy bucket and I'm pumped for this season.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek