Kevin Mensah: Heading for the Records Books (UConn) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kevin Mensah: Heading for the Records Books (UConn)

Reaction Score
Darius Butler was a 2 star. Will Beatty was a 2 star. Donald Thomas was a 2 star(hell he was a walk on). Marcus Easley. Anthony Sherman and Deon Anderson were 3 stars but at fullback. The list goes on.
Easley is an example of how poorly HCRE2.0 evaluates talent. Kid would have never gotten in on pass plays his whole career if not for that one game where he got a big catch and run (maybe 3rd or 4th game of his senior year). Kid was biggest and fastest receiver and HCRE2.0 only put him in on running plays so he could block.

Reaction Score
Easley is an example of how poorly HCRE2.0 evaluates talent. Kid would have never gotten in on pass plays his whole career if not for that one game where he got a big catch and run (maybe 3rd or 4th game of his senior year). Kid was biggest and fastest receiver and HCRE2.0 only put him in on running plays so he could block.

hey turns out that that mensah kid had a pretty good year - how can I find a way to make this my record setting 200th post on why I don’t like the HC. Wait, who was that WR a decade ago that sat for 3 years and then looked like a 4 star in his at campaign? That’s related and my perfect entry point ....

Reaction Score
Agreed. The last two seasons he has broken plenty of tackles and been tough to bring down. He struggled his (true) freshman year and some people can't get that season out of their mind. Mensah didn't get the benefit of a redshirt year like D. Brown, and Andre Dixon did.
Bodes well for this up coming season for so long as the OL works their tails off the rest of the offseasonandis ready to lead the way for him

Reaction Score
Darius Butler was a 2 star. Will Beatty was a 2 star. Donald Thomas was a 2 star(hell he was a walk on). Marcus Easley. Anthony Sherman and Deon Anderson were 3 stars but at fullback. The list goes on.
Tyvon Branch Robert Mcclain...

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall version 2.0 is an unmitigated disaster, don’t think it’s a stretch to say he is the worst college coach at the FBS level.

But anyone criticizing his evaluation skills during his first go round here needs their head examined.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It's pretty much the result of the coaching staff never taking him out or trying to develop another running back.

My gosh you are a miserable individual. A positive story and your piss all over it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom