Kevin McGuff's Assistants? | The Boneyard

Kevin McGuff's Assistants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
He was hired almost a month ago and has yet to name assistants or any form of a coaching staff. I may be just out of the loop but does this not seem like a long time for a coach to not name any assistants? I would imagine naming assistants and coaching staff would help in recruiting so I wonder what is taking so long.

Reaction Score
Mike Flynn just tweeted that Joy Cheek is leaving Duke to become one of McGuff's assistants at OSU.

Reaction Score
Lay on, McGuff, and damned be him who first cries 'Hold! enough!'

Just make sure your Ohio State point guards can put the ball in the basket from 2 feet away.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Isn't that the 3rd Asst Coach Duke has lost in the last two/three years. They all left to take another Asst Coach position. Wonder why that's happening? Perhaps our Duke posters will have an idea.

Reaction Score
Mike Flynn just tweeted that Joy Cheek is leaving Duke to become one of McGuff's assistants at OSU.

When a coach leaves their alma mater for a lateral position, there must be serious problems.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
When a coach leaves their alma mater for a lateral position, there must be serious problems.

That was my first thought!

I like McGuff and wish him much success at OSU and in the Big10

Reaction Score
Isn't that the 3rd Asst Coach Duke has lost in the last two/three years. They all left to take another Asst Coach position. Wonder why that's happening? Perhaps our Duke posters will have an idea.

And yet ugly sweater dude (former TN asst) remains.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
is Cheek from the Ohio area (no clue at all)... just asking before we "assume" something is wrong at Duke

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Nope, Cheek is originally from Hyattsville, Maryland and went to high school in North Carolina.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

I sat next to Joy in New Orleans and chatted a bit. In retrospect, she was less "gung-ho Duke" than I might have expected, especially with Joanne sitting three feet away, but maybe now it makes sense. I'd be lying if I said I saw it coming so I won't, but it doesn't surprise me.

I like Ms McCallie, but the number of lateral moves is eyebrow raising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom