Kevin Freeman stepping down from coaching, but will remain at UConn | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Kevin Freeman stepping down from coaching, but will remain at UConn

Reaction Score
I think it’s completely fair to speculate that Hurley wanted to make a move. Maybe get a more experienced guy in there to develop Sanogo and Johnson. Like Leitao. This is for all intents and purposes a demotion.
Is it a demotion in the eyes of KFree? If you have/had a chance to spend more time with your family and still be around the sport and school you like... would you do it?

Reaction Score
I don't blame him for wanting to be a stay-at home dad. Go do it and enjoy. UCONN basketball is not some fast food joint where everyone comes and goes as they see fit. Imagine the effect this has on Kimani Young.

However, he could have done that at Penn State while he was in Pennsylvania. Doing it less than a year after being hired by your alma matter after Hurley was led to hire him because he would be loyal and stay medium term to long term is pathetic especially considering he replaced KardashianKen.

#ReformTheNCAA

This is trash and you should be embarrassed.

Reaction Score
I don't blame him for wanting to be a stay-at home dad. Go do it and enjoy. UCONN basketball is not some fast food joint where everyone comes and goes as they see fit. Imagine the effect this has on Kimani Young.

However, he could have done that at Penn State while he was in Pennsylvania. Doing it less than a year after being hired by your alma matter after Hurley was led to hire him because he would be loyal and stay medium term to long term is pathetic especially considering he replaced KardashianKen.

#ReformTheNCAA
I think you might actually be 12 years old with these nicknames you come up with

Reaction Score
I hate to speculate on this but I wonder if Sanogo and/or Sanogo’s people and/or coach thought he wasn’t getting the right training. My understanding was that KF would spend a lot of time training exclusively with Sanogo. He looked good to me but who knows. I just feel like if Danny really wanted KF in that spot he could have kept him there. This looks like a demotion to me. Maybe something that mutually fit, KF burnt out a little, Danny wanting a change.

Maybe a little of KO still in KFs ear? ?
This take your pulling out of thin air has no basis. The guy wanted to spend more time with his family. Then you bring Ollie into it? Lol come on

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Freeman becoming professor? Get to stay home with the kids, lifetime career, job security

Seems a little bizarre

Reaction Score
That's what I thought it was about when I saw the thread. Could be someone in his family is sick or he just wants to be around for his young children. There's a lot of travel associated with being an assistant coach, between the games and the recruiting. It's not for everyone.
The only thing is with Covid the past year, recruiting and even game travel have been much less.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom