Kevin Freeman retained | The Boneyard

Kevin Freeman retained

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
IMG_2428.jpg

Reaction Score
Questions...

Any idea what the difference in roles Director of Administration (Freeman) and Director of Basketball Ops (Youncofski) will be?
Did we have a Director of Basketball Ops position last year?
Does this mean Hurley will have an extra body on staff this year?
And if these are duplicative titles does it signal that Freeman is just on staff for one more year as a transition from KO's regime?

Reaction Score
Questions...

Any idea what the difference in roles Director of Administration (Freeman) and Director of Basketball Ops (Youncofski) will be?
Did we have a Director of Basketball Ops position last year?
Does this mean Hurley will have an extra body on staff this year?
And if these are duplicative titles does it signal that Freeman is just on staff for one more year as a transition from KO's regime?
With all due respect, why would Hurley want any transition from KO’s regime?

Reaction Score
You do realize they all died right?
Also, they were all bad people, except maybe for Mr. Orange.
Entertaining, but bad.
Side note - they could all have been arrested for conspiracy to commit felony robbery well before entering the bank. Why would the cops prefer to get into a shootout? But loved the movie notwithstanding.

Reaction Score

With all due respect you know there are current players on the team that Hurley should want to retain...

So a smooth transition from KO's regime with one holdover that Hurley doesn't mind working with, makes thing easier for the 18-22 year old kids that Hurley has to rely on for success in his job.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With all due respect, if the Director of Basketball Administration factors into anything above 0.5 wins from his input at a coaching level, the entire coaching staff should be fired.

Keeping Freeman in that position as a familiar face and a point of continuity for the current players, as well as a well-liked "family" member that the former players can remain in contact with is a very low-risk, high-reward move for DH.

Reaction Score
Is it just possible Kevin has done a great job as DOA

Again to my question above, have we had both a DOA and Dir. of Bball Ops employed at the same time previously? Hearing the description of what Hurley's new hire DOBO sounded to me like the same thing that Freeman was doing as DOA.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, if the Director of Basketball Administration factors into anything above 0.5 wins from his input at a coaching level, the entire coaching staff should be fired
Some Jim Calhoun ICons are now unemployed and worse yet under suspicion of being evil doers and possibly unemployable. ,maybe Kevin was retained at least temporarily to placate him.
Politics plays a part in everything.

pj

Reaction Score
So youve got limitations on what youll sacrifice for another banner is what youre saying?

I'm ashamed of Boneyarders who only give up their left nut for a title. We should be all in. By we, of course, I mean you.

Reaction Score
This gives an alum an opportunity from better coaches. I see this as a positive

Reaction Score
So youve got limitations on what youll sacrifice for another banner is what youre saying?
Yeah, the line is miles before Reservoir Dogs and I can barely see Rick Pitino on the horizon.

Reaction Score
Again to my question above, have we had both a DOA and Dir. of Bball Ops employed at the same time previously? Hearing the description of what Hurley's new hire DOBO sounded to me like the same thing that Freeman was doing as DOA.
The only thing similar that I can think of is during the 2011-12 season when we had Karl Hobbs as Director of Basketball Administration and Kevin Freeman as Assistant Director of Administration.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom